Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't ever doubt

....the glory of our God! It amazes me. Even when I know of all the things He is capable of, sometimes I still find my mouth dropping open. Many, many years ago....God created the Earth! After the women's retreat, I discovered this was no small thing. He measured and measured to put it in the exact spot it needed to be in to maintain life. Then on the 6th day, he made man. Now, we all now the story....Adam, loney Adam, so God made Eve. He took a rib from Adam to make him a perfect partner, Eve. I have often marveled over God's handiwork of the human body. There are lots of intricate workings of the human body....things that have to happen to make everything else work.


Apparantely, we have a protein called laminin. Without this protein, everything would fall apart. It hold us together! When the discovery of this protein took place, scientists found what it looked like. Can you guess?
A CROSS! Can you believe it? There are crosses inside our body holding it together.
When you feel like you can't go another step, remember all of the crosses hanging on for dear life inside your body! It amazes me.
I am also astounded by God's patience. He made this possible hundreds of years ago, and then sat patiently by, as he waited for the technology to be great enough to discover this laminin. Do you suppose he pushed or prodded a few scientiests to get them headed down the right road? I would have!
If you would like to listen to the testimonial that I heard to discover this amazing thing, click here. It is 15 minutes long, but awesome! Definitely the best part of the retreat!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i think the 15 minute segment was the highlight too. and the laminin? WOW!!!

Corin said...

When they say God is in your heart I didn't knw they meant litteraly.