Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Fonder Heart

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....
I believe that.
My heart is very fond!
Vance is on his way home as we speak!
YAY!
He's coming to get Colby from school to have a couple of hours before Emma and I get home.
Maybe he'll get all they "Hey Dad's" out of the road, so I can enjoy a few "adult" minutes...I mean talking!
We've never been away from each other this long! 5 days...maybe 6 or 7, but this was nearly 2 weeks!
WOW!
A few updating comments....
I haven't been blogging because I am terribly addicted to Gilmore Girls! I am 1/2 way through season 4 and the suspense is killing me!
We are heading to Memphis for V-day with Michelle and Norm and then maybe back to our house to watch Fireproof. Is this a couple movie? Let me know what you think.
My daughter has now informed me that it is iweegle (illegal) to marry your bwuder (brother). I'm glad she learned that rule young!
I had a fun time in Quincy with Lauren and Mom. Ran the battery down on my van, it's a good thing we're cute (my dad just laughed when I told him that)...we got a jump! My mom actually got the guys....
I got to watch Corin's Levi yesterday. He is so cute. I love that age...where everything is funny! His laugh was so genuine! Emma informed me that he is a tod-a-ler. Not a baby, not a big boy...a tod-a-ler.
Emma and I also went to the dr. yesterday. Allergies. We got new med. to last us through the summer and I also found out Emma had an ear infection. Now, she thinks she is dying. "Mom, I'm going to chew carefully, so I don't hurt my ear infection." she'll say!
I was also talking to the dr. about this strange reaction I had to a Claritin pill on Saturday. I was SO thirsty! I drank and drank water and peed and peed. That is not like me, usually it's 3 times a day for me. I also stayed up until 4 a.m. and then made myself go to bed. The dr. told me it could be the kind of Claritin. I called my mom, b/c she's the one who gave it to me. She got kind of quiet and said, "Oh, no. I don't think I gave you Claritin, I think it was Benedryl!" Ooops! No wonder I was wired! My kids get the same way too. Most people give their kids Benedryl to put them to sleep. Not my kiddos! They start bouncing off the wall. Apparently so do I!
So, off to outdoor recess on a lovely day! I think sunshine just makes the day better!
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i am so excited for you (vance coming home). i bet colby will be busting with lots of info to tell him! i have been missin' your posts, so get gilmore girls watched and get back to it!!!

Corin said...

I'm glad you have a fonder heart and I love that you put it that way. Makes you appreciate what Sara does more doesn't it.
It's killing me not to tell you what happens on Gilmore Girls. I'm trying really hard not to make any comments that would give anything away.
Thanks again for watching Levi.
I'm jealous that you get to go outside for recess and enjoy this beautiful day.
And I'll changed my comments so you don't have to put in the word. Also I hate when it doesn't open a new window, because sometimes I have to reread to remember what I'm going to say.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm glad Vance is coming to pick up Colby...it'll be good for them both.
Fireproof could be a couples movie. It has some teary moments but it's also a looove story. You may want to discuss bits & pieces with Vance, later though...it led us to some 'conversational topics.' Is it at the theater or do you want to borrow our DVD?
Enjoy having your entire family back together. Glad you finally blogged...I was getting drug down with nothing new to read!