Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1000 Words Thursday!

A Mommy Date!

Colby and I needed a break.

Emma was gone.

We needed to "bond."

So....

We took 1/2 day off on Friday.

We went to Kirksville.

To boot shop.

Did we get boots?

Of course.



1st, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Where else would we stop? Colby's choice = chicken nuggets. We were getting our drinks and who walked in? Daddy....so he got to have lunch with mom and dad. Double fun!


As we were looking for boots, we had to check out the animals. Colby had $5.00 to spend from Grandma and Papa for Valentine's day.
Decisions....decisions....
He chose another dairy cow with "milkers"...(udders) and a colt. He has a whole herd down in his bedroom.

All in all, we had a fun day. I love spending time with just one of my children. Usually, it's Emma b/c Vance is always doing guy things with Colby. This time, it was a much needed date for Colby and Mom.

If you would like to start this tradition, check out this book:

I love it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mommy dates. I love his new boots and when he walked in to the XCLR from the church today, with his hat and boots and swagger he looked about 15 years old...scary.
Lauren

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

So glad you went with him...boys need their special days with mommies, too...just like girls need special days with daddies! And I totally agree with Lauren...do you realize this year he'll be just as close to 5 as 10? whew...so fast...stop time, stop!

Shonya said...

those times one-on-one are precious, aren't they!!?? I'm better at time along with Briana than I am Destry, too. Or even just the girls--I'll take B and K with me and Alan takes D and E. But not always! :)

Bree Shaw said...

love his bibs! glad you had so much fun on your mommy/son date. i really need to start that tradition with my boys. remind me to do it ok...

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love getting to spend time with my kids by themselves too!

Cindy said...

I need to follow in your footsteps! Thanks for the heads up on the book too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I am so glad you spend time with both of your babies! I love to see grown-up boys love on their moms! I just know I will see Colby loving on you one day when he is a whole foot taller than you and have the biggest smile on his face and it's all because you...as a mommy...spent time with him! Love ya, Kristina

Sarah said...

One on one time is so important. I'll have to look for that book, thanks for the tip.

The Mom Jen said...

So special, one on one is huge!

Noob Mommy said...

Sounds like a good time. And he looks thrilled!

Anita J. said...

I love it when teachers recommend books. I have found some of my favorite children's authors that way. I would like to know some of your favorite authors, too. If you've already posted on it, send me a link, please.

I left this in the comments section on my blog, but thought it was worth coming here to leave to be sure you don't miss it. This book sounded really neat: Andrea, I forgot to tell you! You may already know this, but there is a book on Amazon that has little keepsakes (copies, of course) of handwritten notes Audrey sent, her birth certificate, etc., in little plastic pouches inside the book. It got great fan reviews. It's called The Audrey Hepburn Treasures. If you're a die hard fan, it might be worth a look.

Kris said...

It's always memorable having a special date with our little ones =)