Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 things

I got tagged from Erin and like her have seen this on facebook, but have refused to do it!
So 25 things about me....
here it goes!
1. Vance and I will be married for 10 years this June. That baffles me...how could 10 years go so quickly? I was engaged before I was 18, and married right after turning 19. I knew EVERYTHING....now I look back and I knew nothing!
2. My dad is 20 years and 2 months older than me!...I will never forget his age.
3. My dad, grandpa, and best friend, Corin all share the same birthday. How strange and cool.
4. I had Colby exactly 1 week before my 22nd birthday and Emma a short 20 months later!
5. I am certified to teach children birth to 6th grade and am scared to death that someday I might have to teach 6th grade....ewwww!
6. I had over 800 hours of student contact when I finished my degree!
7. I had an uncle that was only 1 year older than I was...we were great friends. He died in a car accident. Sometimes I'll see someone walking down the street and think it looks like him.....strange, I know. I also wonder where he would fit into my life right now.
8. I secretly (not so much now) hate these new fangled text abbreviations. I get some of them like brb (be right back) or ttyl (talk to you later), but some of them are just dumb. roflol makes me crazy. Who actually rolls on the floor. I also think lol is highly overrated, but oh well. I only use it when I actually LAUGH OUT LOUD! Whew...I feel better now.
9. I am the world's biggest NOT a MORNING PERSON! Ask anyone....Bree, Corin, Jenn, Mom, Lauren....Vance:) It's not pretty. But if I am up and going, I think everyone else should be too!
10. I have HUGE feet....size 11.
11. I am an impulse shopper....the worse impulse shopper you have ever met! If it's a good deal, I can't pass it up....even if I already have 3 in the pantry!
12. I love being outside, and can't wait until summer. I hate the air conditioner...and it won't come on until at least July. I love the smell of the outdoors.
13. I was my dad's "boy." I guess that's why I would rather be outside. I love it when my mom will say, "Someone needs to watch the cookies, or go help your dad move the cows." My shoes are already on and I'm headed out the door before she even finishes her sentence. Me + Cookie Baking = Burnt!
14. I got in spurts of home vs. on the go. I love being at home, but after the summer of being there everyday, I'm ready for things to start back up soccer, school, sonlight. I'm not sure how this summer will go with Emma and Colby both playing ball on different teams.
15. I wish my kids were toddlers again, all the time. No I don't want more kids, just the ones I have to stay little.
16. I love having a sister 10 years younger than me, but I'm so glad I don't have kids 10 years a part....I hope God doesn't get a sense of humor in 3 years!
17. I just had a crazy thought that Colby will be 10 in 3 years! Ahhhhh.....
18. We're planning a trip to Disney this fall. I always said I wanted to wait until Emma and Colby were older so they would remember/enjoy it, but I want Emma to go while it's still magical. I'm excited for her to meet Cinderella and see the excitement through her eyes.
19. Even when my family was the poorest of the poor growing up, we ALWAYS went on a family vacation. I'll treasure those memories forever, and feel VERY fortunate to have them. We went many places on a shoestring budget. Good job, Mom and Dad!
20. After moving from Kindergarten to 1st, sometimes I think I would like to be one of those teachers that stays with a certain group of kids for a couple grades and then starts again. I think it is beneficial to really know those kids.
21. I have a slight fear of the things that go bump in the night. I think it's from reading to many scary books.
22. Speaking of reading....I can take home a Wal-Mart sack of books from the library and finish reading them over the weekend.
23. I can't believe that the real feel temp. tonight is -6 and the high on Friday is 51! That's insane!
O.K. I'm going to have to leave it at 23 today, or you guys are going to start getting some babbling. I'll think of a couple more tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, having a sister 10 years older is pretty cool, although maybe not as fun to play with...but think how much less I would know about hair if I didn't have your expertise, agh! thats a horrible thought :)
Lauren

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I also hate ROFL, it's just ugly to look at and I'm always trying to sound it out! I too, am worried that someday someone will think it's a good idea for me to teach 6th grade and I'm also grateful for our growing up summer vacations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for defining ROFL. I didn't even know what that stood for. If you ever want to trade shoes, let me know. I have had big feet since the 4th grade. Not a good quality! Thanks for sharing! Love, laurie

Corin said...

3. I think it's cool that I share a birthday with your dad and grandpa too.
7. Strange fact about me: I remember the hour I found out about Everet better then anything else in my life. It's as if I lived it in slow motion. I remember where I was sitting, how Ms. Neighbors said his name, what everyone said, how I felt. I can't ever seem to shake it. I relive it in my mind more often then I would like.
15. I so don't want Levi to grow out of the toddler stage.
18. I think that your kids will remember this trip. Emma especially, since it will be so magical I think she'll remember it better then she would have if you waited.
22. Not me I'm the slowest reader alive. I have to recheck books two or three times to get them finished. It's actually kind of embarrasing.
Thanks for sharing

Bree Shaw said...

9. you were getting better at being a morning person. weren't shoes your hardest thing to decide on when we were going to curves?
11. REALYY? never noticed:)
23. and it is beautiful today!!

love your list. i forgot to comment the other day.