Monday, February 23, 2009

The Big Surprise

On Saturday, I threw a party for Bree. Vance turns 30 in a couple of weeks, and so I told her it was for Vance. I had her come and help me decorate and she even brought food. I knew the only way to trick her was to involve her. I have to tell you, after all that trickery, I was mentally tired. Lying is hard work. I've never been good at it, which I guess is a good thing. I have spent a lot of the last few months stuttering through explanations. Bree is one inquisitive girl!
The day we painted the majority of my house, in November, is the day we set the date! Can you believe it!? We have been planning this for 3 1/2 months. I had lots of help with the guest list and food...thanks girls! It was so much fun to plan and the anticipation was about to kill me. Think about lying to your best friend day after day...it gets exhausting. Last year, I threw Vance a surprise party for his graduation from lineman school. I guess I'm getting pretty good at the whole scheming thing! The birthday girl and myself.Some of the decorations.

Heather and Dave

Corin, Cindy, Erin, and Amee....accomplices

The cake...curvy, purdy, turnin 30!
After many of the guests left, we played left, right, center. Apparently, Vance and I are pretty good at that game. We have a HUGE amount of quarters now. We also had a pretty comical round of Catch Phrase. I just love that game...so fun! Especially with hand movements!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i love that picture of you and me! i need a copy of it! yeah, i am not ever bring left right center to your house again! i was the biggest loser of all! oh well, it was fun:) and catch a phrase is a blast too.

Anita J. said...

I love the cake! And please explain Left, Right, Center. I have never heard of it.