Monday, December 22, 2008

OMG

Oh. My. Goodness!
Off to Quincy this morning....the getting there part went well. I had never driven to Quincy myself and have only been there a handful of times, but I managed to get there in one piece. We waited an hour in the waiting room and got to see a prisoner brought in in shackles to have his teeth worked on. Talk about awkward moment. Anyway, they call Colby back and start prepping him. He's doing great, listening to the nurse...she's trying to tell him EVERYTHING that is going to happen. She told him too much! When she got to the "bee sting" she lost him. He was in tears. Luckily the laughing gas helped matters:) Emma is RIGHT there, checking things out. I can see nursing in her future!...right now she wants to be a vet. The actual procedure took maybe 10 mins. and then we were in recovery. He came out of anesthesia really well and off we went. Getting to the stores...that's another story. Finally I find Broadway (yes, I know it's not hard...if only I'd paid attention the other times). We went to K-Mart first and took something back for my mom. Then GET THIS...I ask where the Target is. Yes! I did! Can you hear the laughter? Cause that's what I got! Anyway, I make my way to Wal-Mart or my own personal Hell. We get in, get out, and on our way.
The plan is to drop the kids off in Bible Grove...the plan was not to go in the ditch. I couldn't make it up the last hill to my in-laws. So I slid back down and spun to the other direction. Colby said, "Just let me out, I'll walk to Grandma's and you can go on home!" Sensitive young thing he is. Thank goodness for patient, knowledgeable, and helpful brother-in-law! Stanley helped me drive out, drove my van up the hill, pointed it in the right direction, took us all to the house, and then took me back to the van. I was a nervous wreck. I've always told Vance I didn't want to live on gravel, I'm glad I stuck to my guns!
Now, I'm home...nice and toasty. No kids! Yay for sleeping in!
Stay warm

4 comments:

Shonya said...

I'm thinking I might call you about 6:30 in the morning. . .just to be ornery. :) NOT! I won't even be AWAKE at that time! Enjoy your time off! (I see a trip to the library in your future. . .)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I wondered about you...mom said she tried to call but couldn't get you so I didn't try. Musta been in B.G. when she tried. Glad you are home in one piece. Enjoy sleeping in...that's all the nasty weather that's coming is good for!

Bree Shaw said...

glad you made it home in one piece too. and YAY for sleeping in. i am looking forward to that for the next 5 days, ok maybe not christmas morning b/c i am sure brax will have everyone up at the butt crack of dawm, but oh well:)

Corin said...

Sounds like a harrowing experience. I'm totally jealous about the sleeping in. 6:30 is our sleeping in. That's what I get for marrying a pokey husband.