Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

After a very late night at Christmas Eve services, we didn't get up until 8:30. Vance and I had just put up curtains and so it was still dark in our room, and needless to say...no one stirred, not even a mouse! I heard little footsteps and got up to see what the reactions were. Colby was on the couch and had not even seen that Santa had been there. I had to point out the present he had walked right by and then he got excited. Emma walked down the stairs and also didn't realize that Santa had been there. You can see how close the stairs are to her stove. Not their best in the morning...truly my children!
Santa brought the stove...the rest are from mom and dad.

She got a new coat that I took back b/c it barely fit her. My goal was something she can wear next winter too. She also got a mixer and pie making set for her stove and some toy puppies and sleeping beauty.
At my mom and dad's she opened a lot of treasured items. The slippers above are fashioned after Fancy Nancy. She loves them.
Probably her favorite gift is her MP3 player. She listens to her "earpluggers" all the time! She also got an alarm clock that the player will hook into.

Another hit was a microphone. She was very adamant that she wanted one and even knew what it was before she opened up the package. Needless to say, she got all she wanted and more. One very special gift warrants it's own post. Coming soon.....
Colby standing beside marbleworks. I was very excited for him to get this gift and so far he has played with it every day. Hurray for a toy Colby will actually play with!

He also got binoculars that he was so excited about he had to try them out. Even though he was getting ready to get dressed!


The much talked about bulls. He had his eye on these! From us he also got dart guns, a laser sword, and a new dog lead.
At grandma's he got the most obnoxious, but fun claw machine. It's filled with candy and you grab the candy in it's claw. The annoying part?.... the music! He also got a MP3 player, a camo sweatshirt that I have washed everyday and an alarm clock.



Vance and I did not buy each other much b/c of the house, but I did feel the need to get him this wrench set. Don't know what he'll use them for, but he'll look manly when he does!

I had Lauren's name this year. I got her a scarf and mittens to match her ball less hat! Also, I got her a gift card and photo albums for wallets to hold all of her classmate's senior pictures.
Scroll down to the bottom of my screen and you will see a similar picture taken last year. Can't believe how my "babies" have changed. Soon to be the mom of a 5 and 6 year old!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

wow! looks like they loved everything! i am so overwhelmed with all the pictures i took that i don't even know where to start with them on my blog.

Corin said...

Looks like the kids loved everything. I especially love the picture of Colby looking out the window with his pants half down. I'll remind you to show that one to his girlfriends in 10 years or so. I can't believe how much your kids have changed in a year. Emma went from looking like a baby to looking like a little lady. Put a brik on thier heads stat! It scares me how fast thier growing.
Just a side thought, I really wish the comments had a spell check. I'm sure I look like an idot half the time. Probably more then half if I'm being honest.