Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

This morning dawned very snowy! I had a light case of the flu all evening, so I slept late. It was weird to get up and get only myself ready to go. No kids!
We got to Vance's parents house and had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed a yummy lunch with Vance's much loved ham balls. Then kids opened presents. I'm not sure they have been this good!

Here is Emma with all of her loot!
She got Hannah Montana make-up! This is her first Hannah Montana item ever...let the craze begin. She also got a swimming barbie for her pool, a HUGE coloring book that came with paints, other books, and a dress and outfit.
Applying the makeup!
Colby and his pile!
Imagine his surprise when that odd shaped package was a sled. He also got a semi that you can see in the background in the next picture, an awesome shirt, a couple of puzzles, and his first buck knife (to skin and gut deer). Mom's a little nervous about that one.
Did I mention that Emma got fence? I told Grandma Joyce that she is constantly going to Colby's room to play with his fence, so maybe she would like some of her own. So Grandma got her 3 different kinds. What did she do? Promptly went to Colby's room! Oh kids...they've been down there playing for the last 3 hours!
Vance and I spent the last few hours addressing and stuffing over 100 Christmas/New Year's cards. No fun, but I know they're appreciated. Tomorrow, we go to my mom and dads to spend Christmas. That is after Santa comes and we appreciate his generosity in the morning.
Tonight, we are all going to the Christmas Eve service at 11:15. I am reading a scripture. I'm excited to see what the atmosphere is like this late into the night.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: