Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I love my job!

I love my job, really I do. I know it's crazy...who LOVES going to work? I do. I HATE getting up for work, but usually once I'm here, it's lots of fun.
We are doing a weekly reader this morning. On the back is a word bank of 8 words and we are supposed to pick out 6 that are about Christmas. The words are:
foods
baby
cards
trees
lights
treats
gifts
chair
So, I think the two that are not about Christmas are baby and chair. Not in my class. My kiddos wrote baby down. I asked them why. They all told me b/c Jesus was a baby...stupid! No, they didn't use stupid, but their tone of voice referred to it! I am so glad that even in a "public" school setting, we still have discussion about religious views. No, I don't "push" my views, but I don't dismiss the views of my children. They create conversations all on their own and most of them know that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
I can't wait to see what they have to say about Easter!

p.s Natalee update: she's doing well. She got to be all dressed up in her first dress to take her picture for the Ottumwa hospital website. Don't know when she'll be on there. It sounds like she was up a lot last night, so mom and dad are working on keeping her awake more today. I hope she doesn't get her days and nights mixed up. I can't wait to see her tonight and introduce Colby and Emma to her. They both toted pictures to school today, to show off their new cousin. Colby told me that he's glad she is a girl, so his "bestest boy" status remains untouched. I told him Grandma can have to "bestest boys" and he said, yeah, but she's better off with two "bestest girls!"
More pictures this evening!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh how sweet! Almost makes me want another one! Not that it is going to happen.

Bree Shaw said...

colby had a good point:) i am excited for them!