Tuesday, December 2, 2008

From the mouth....

From the mouths of my children:
Colby:
When Colby was probably around 2 1/2 maybe 3 we were discussing Christmas. He wanted this and this and this....and THEN he got a discussion about being greedy, people without enough money, etc.... A few minutes later, he was VERY carefully looking through the toy book and truly wanted something (can't remember what it was though). He quietly looked up after he stated, "I want this!" and said worriedly..."Am I being greasy?" That's greedy, not greasy and wanting one thing will not put you in that category...
Emma:
On Friday afternoon, Emma was told to go pick up the toys in her brother's room b/c she had played down there.
After much time had gone bye, she comes up and announces, "Mom, I keep TRYING to pick up my toys, but my mind keeps telling me to do other things."
As I bite my cheek, and glare at others around me b/c they are laughing...I, very calmly tell her, "Tell your mind, that your butt will be receiving a spanking if you don't pick up the toys."
"I'm trying," she replies.
"Try harder..." I say with nothing less than a chuckle.
What an imagination!

4 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i can't for the life of me remember what he wanted either...we were looking through the jc penney catalog..i remember that!

and as for emma...i really don't know how to help you with her...you failed to mention that she and her mind had a long stomping fit in order to get those toys picked up.

Bree Shaw said...

aren't they so funny! i can just see emma saying that. her imagination is great! gotta love her.

Shonya said...

LOL! Hopefully the mind cares about the butt's punishment. Doesn't that seem unfair to you?! tee, hee

Anonymous said...

I have Shelby stories like that. I will always remember them and that sweet/onery baby girl that thought of those funny things. I'm also glad Colby isn't greasy and I also think Emma will come up with many, many more "clever" sayings! Love ya, Kristina