Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cleaning...

Hey guys...just gotta know!
How do you clean?
I'm one of those....ewwwwww gross look at that dust and then I dust. May it be 10 p.m., midnight, or make me late for church (which I usually am)....I am an impulse cleaner.
Now, I am faced with a bigger house and constant ewwwws. Do you guys have a day that you clean this or that, a schedule, or just impulse. Do you do you windows every month, 6 months, never?:) How often do you dust, mop, vacuum? I am finding myself overwhelmed, especially with this hardwood floor business. I am shocked by all the dust! I know some of it's b/c we are still working on the house and have saws going, but come on! I am thankful that our bedrooms have carpet. I know the dust is in there too, but at least it doesn't float around begging me to look at it.
So, let me have it....I need a plan!
P.S. I am so thankful for a porch that my kids can run back and forth on! The find great fun in it and I find great fun in the fact that they are outside!

6 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I don't clean, ever! Just kidding...I am, of course, an impulse cleaner, just like mama raised us! Wish I had a plan, though...perhaps I'll make one. Probably won't stick to it but having it will make me feel oh so much better!

Corin said...

I'm a little bit of both I think. I do laundry on Friday, and vacuum once or twice a week. Pretty much everything else is impulse. Don't tell anybody, but I almost never dust, until I put up or take down decorations.

Diane Melvin said...

I use the Flylady.com website. It helped me to make a cleaning schedule where I do a little bit each night so that my house is usually visually clean. The "deep cleaning" is divided up into zones. Each week you do a different zone. I have 4 zones in my house - kitchen, living/dining/foyer, den/bedrooms/upstairs bathroom, and basement/outside. My basic daily cleaning are the vacuuming, dusting, dishes. The deep cleaning is anything like windows, bleaching toys, shampoo carpets, clean closets, etc. It helps me feel on top of things and I know that at least each month my house is getting REALLY clean. You should check it out.

Bree Shaw said...

you know how i clean but i will still type it out for everyone else to clean. i usually vacuuum and clean my stools once or twice a week. then on a sat or sun every two weeks i do GOOD cleaning like, dusting and mopping. i usually swiffer my floors about 3 or 4 times a week. but here lately i have been power cleaning once a week! i say hire a cleaning person and forget it:)

Andrea Frederick said...

thanks diane, i will check it out. bree~is that your gift to me...a maid?

Cindy said...

Go Diane......well my cleaning is impulse or do it as it needs to be done....laundry as the bins are full or when i want something to wear that is dirty, vaccum 1-2 times a week, dust when I see it, swiffer sweep almost every day, hardwood floor deep cleaning once a month, anything else when it needs to be done or when I think about it....