Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday was a very eventful day. Vance got the kids and us matching Coffee Roper sweatshirts. They are very cute and warm in the inside. The kids love them!


We got out of school early and I took Emma to get her kindergarten immunizations. She was very excited until the actual shot and then she was MAD. She bounced out of it quickly and we decided to go shopping for a treat.

I went into the Dollar Store to get new sunglasses. Yes, I'm a big spender! 2 butterfly nets, a bug house, and bases for ball later...we left with NO sunglasses!
My children promptly went the pond when we got home and caught buckets and buckets of tadpoles. Not little tadpoles either. Big slimy ones! We put some in an aquarium, took some to school, and the rest are hanging out in our garage. If anyone would like to watch the process of metamorphosis come on over and get ya some tadpoles!

On Saturday, I took the 4 best behaved children ever to MOChip. I kept getting compliments on how well behaved they were and how people couldn't believe that I took 4! It took us about an hour to get them all through, but they are officially "chipped." They got their pictures taken, fingerprints done, and dental prints "printed." I hope I never have to use it, but I'm glad I took the time to do it!
As you can see, the tables went down the whole length of the room. This is the last picture I took before I got in trouble. Ooops!

So then we went outside and played on the playground and took lots of pictures. It was such a nice day! Braylon is looking for me....he kept saying, "Where are you anwea?"


Flying high!


A little monkey!

Just chilling!


They had so much fun on the tire swing. I was pretty sure someone would throw up, but nope.
After playing we went to the store to get a treat. Braylon kept asking, "Why?"....he must never get treats.....:)

After MOCHIP, Colby and Vance went on the first ride of the year. Emma also rode Lady and this time she did it all by herself. We stopped by a wedding at 5:00, came home, and finally had supper at 9:00! We definitely enjoyed the day.


Some of us worked harder than others!
Sunday was much the same, except I had a nap....taking a cue from Copper!
This week promises to be crazy, but hopefully it'll make May less crazy doing some of the things now.

5 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

great post!!! all of those pictures are great! i love the one of braylon. the one of the others on the tire swing is priceless! i love how colby is laughing! so genuine, not a fake one:) thank you again for taking my hoodlums! i am glad that they were well behaved for you. too bad you got into trouble though. i saw that mean ole lady too!! and i am with you, i hope we never have to use it but am glad we had it done.

Bree Shaw said...

oh yeah, one more thing, you didn't get any pictures of the guys putting the grill together! that was a process, huh? so you had supper at 9 two nights in a row. geez! but man were those steaks delicious!

Anonymous said...

You had a busy weekend! Sounds like fun for everyone tho!
Mandie

Corin said...

I noticed your Coffey Ropers sweatshirt on Sat. but didn't realize it was new.

Amee Jones said...

EWWW!!! The tadpoles give me the creeps. :)