Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Little Prayer Warrior

Or should I say Miss Lynne's little prayer warrior?
I know I go on and on about Miss Emma and how she's blessed our home, but I have to share a couple of stories. Partly, to entertain you and partly to archive a precious memory.
I need you to rewind back to last week. I can't remember where Emma and I were going, but it was just the two of us. Perhaps home from Lauren's game. Anyway, we got on the subject of Adam and Eve and how could God possibly make a person. I explained how God can do anything and told her the story of taking a rib from Adam. She thought it was great that she has more ribs than any boy and went home to inform her father. Well, on Saturday, I'm fixing her hair for the wedding and she says, "Colby, doesn't believe me."
"Believe you about what, Emma?", I ask.
"He doesn't believe that I have more ribs."
I tell her to go get her Bible and prove it to him. So, she goes and gets her Bible, finds the story, makes him read it, and he still doesn't believe her. I'm finishing getting ready in my bathroom and I can hear her yelling, "But God says, right here.....!" as she follows him pointing to her Bible. It was so cute. I finally stepped in and told Colby to quit being a pain....and antagonizing his sister.
Last night, Emma was sitting at the table and asked me something. I told her my answer and she asked how I knew that. I told her it was b/c I know everything. As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I knew I had made a mistake. She takes everything literally! She stewed and thought for some time and then says, "Ya know what?"
"What, Emma."
"God can hear us talk."
"I know, Emma"
"Even when were not saying anything. He hears the words in our heart."
"Very good, Emma."
But she wasn't finished yet.
"Ya know how he knows that? Because HE knows everything, mommy. Not you."
Ooops! Point taken.
She then continues.
"When we die, he takes our heart to heaven to live with him."
I asked her how she knew that.
Two words...."Miss Lynne"
God Bless Miss Lynne

9 comments:

Erin said...

Somedays, I keep my strong hold on faith, simply because Little Miss Emma has such a strong faith and love for God.

Andrea Frederick said...

Erin~I know...she packs a punch for someone so small. I'm so glad God thought I needed her:)!

Bree Shaw said...

she is def. a god send! i really need to take lessons from that little one! i think she could teach me A LOT. what a blessing she is. great stories, gotta love her:)

Corin said...

I always look at Emma and wonder what God has in store for her. I feel like it's going to be something very important. So much faith in such a little package.

Anonymous said...

I love that very simple statement "he takes our hearts to heaven to live with him," not only does she get it, but she sums it up pretty well...
Lauren

Amee Jones said...

Maybe the next Beth Moore!?!?! I couldn't help but think that when she was talking about being in love with God at such a young age!

Andrea Frederick said...

Amee~I know, I thought the same thing and Bree leaned over and whispered...Emma. We were all thinking it!

Andrea Frederick said...

Lauren~it scares me how poetic she is. Indeed, what is in store for her!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

So, tonight in the prayer room Miss Lynne's doing the lamb thing. And Emma's thinking...always thinking. Finally she takes a deep breath and tells Lynne--"I gotta tell them something." She gets up in front of everyone and waits until all are quiet. Then she says..."you know, God can hear all of us talk at one time."
Like, we can all pray together dudes......

always thinking...