Wednesday, March 4, 2009

1000 Words Thursday!

Cheaper Than Therapy
On Wednesday nights, we go to Sonlight, our church's youth program. I take my two and sometimes help out with a friend's little girl, Sylvia. Tonight, I had Sylvia and thought Colby would enjoy playing with Bronson. I stopped to get Bronson and Braylon said, "I go wif you Anwea!" I couldn't leave him behind, so I ended up with 5 kids! They made their way through the mud to play on the trampoline. It was so cute! You can't really see, but there are footprints all the way across.
Braylon and Emma came in and then I saw Sylvia get off the trampoline. I was fixing supper and realized it had been quite a long time since she had headed in.
I look out in the garage and there she stands. COVERED in mud. A farm girl she is not! She had mud on her hands and all over her coat. She couldn't make it up the hill. It was so cute. She thought she was in trouble.
Here's a picture of the boots she wore. I can't believe she could even carry them!


Here's her PINK socks. I washed them twice!
A picture of the sink after she got finished washing her hands. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing b/c she was NOT amused.
Then Colby and Bronson came in. Colby had mud on the back of his shirt, and his underwear. I asked him what had happened and he just looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said...."I had to help Sylvia." Like he was saying....Girls, what a pain!

20 comments:

Amee Jones said...

TRAMPOLINE!!! Spring is on the way!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

oh colby...someday girls won't seem like such a burden! (and then you'll get married and they will again!)

Bree Shaw said...

love the pics! i wish everyone could have seen ALL the boots caked in mud sitting right outside your door:)

Corin said...

I love muddy kids. They bring back very good childhood memories.

Dee said...

LOL!! That is too funny!

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I think I would have hosed them all down outside!

Erica said...

That is hilarious! Great Pics!

4 Lettre Words said...

Too cute! I think Sylvia and I have a lot it common...LOL!

April said...

Love the muddy boots! I have some country girls....they don't mind mud at all....and I actually have to work hard to keep them clean! Happy ATWT!

Martha said...

Kids and mud you have to love it! I'll have to dig my muddy kids in bathing suit pics out! Tara and her friend dug a hole, added water and proceeded to give them selves full body mud baths. (They were 10 & 11)... we moms just laughed and hosed them off!

Anonymous said...

Colby, I love your stories, expressions on your face, and thoughts. Sometimes the highlight of my day is when you come to read to me after school and I get to share in those wonderful things about you. I can just see your face when you had to help out Sylvia. Hang in there buddy! You have a long life ahead of you being the "big brother" to all the little girls. Just think, you may be a hero to them one day like Rhett is to you! What an exciting thought! Love ya, Colby Mrs. Garrett

Amy Clary said...

oh, lol. that's just great. the poor little thing.

Noob Mommy said...

That ginormous trampoline looks amazing! I wanna get on there too.

The Mom Jen said...

Fun, mud is the best...if only you could just toss everything in the trash! LOL

Leslie said...

Kids and mud! Good times!

Happy ATWT!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

What a sweet story. I lost my boots to mud when I was very little... It didn't end in a nice happy story so I love to read and react happy on all these sweet occasions.

Way to Go, your a great Mom!!!

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a lot of mud! And you are a true blogger to photograph your sink -- I love it!!!

Kristen Andrews said...

those will be memories they will remember, messy but fun!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

At least he was a gentleman and helped her!