Wednesday, March 25, 2009

1000 Words Thursday!

Cheaper Than Therapy
My boy Colby and his best gal, Lady....besides his mom that is! We've been having a hard time with Colby and his behavior but we've been fit free since last Monday! You can actually see him thinking about self-control as he is mad. We've also made an effort to keep things more positive and constructive at home and I think the nice weather and being outside helps also.
Colby has caught and delivered about 30 tadpoles to 3 1st grade classrooms, 1 sped classroom, and a preschool. He also has to bring some tadpoles for family fun night on Monday night. He loves responsibility and helping so this is right up his alley!
This boy...what a challenge, but totally worth it!

12 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

oh, colby...what to do with you and what would we do without you! love the picture and so glad the week is looking up for him! he's been quite the great big cousin to natalee lately...he's truly a softee inside. my girl won't have a prayer when it comes to wanting a boyfriend!

Anonymous said...

That's great that he's having an easier time controlling himself. My 7 year old is the SAME way and I'm having similar issues with her .. it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Corin said...

Maybe it was just cabin fever. I can relate to that.

Bree Shaw said...

so glad things are looking up. i have noticed how much better he has been. you guys are doing great! you have raised a handsome and sweet boy:)

Shonya said...

Darling pic! I think that's something about boys--they need to have a PURPOSE--Destry has always done so much better when he has work to do. Weird, hmmm?

na said...

My son has similiar issues...I agree with the others...when his hands are busy, he is an angel! Looks like he is having fun here!

Amee Jones said...

I am so glad that all the upset did not go without reward.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that he is doing better now! Love the pic too!

Mandie

Unknown said...

Would love for tadpoles to be delivered here. Great picture with the horse. Do horses teach boys responsibility and empowerment like it does girls?

April said...

Great job Colby! Happy ATWT!

The Mom Jen said...

Yay for fit-free, keep up the good work Colby!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going well. *note to self, get advice from Andrea Tuesday night.*

Laci