Friday, June 27, 2008

Update

O.k. so yesterday we did ABSOLUTELY nothing and it felt great. I take that back, I did sell some clothes from a box in my living room in the afternoon, but other than that we layed around reading, watching movies, playing, napping, it was the perfect day.
Today, I totally made up for that. Was up and at the farm by 8:30 and unloaded our new bathtub! It has jets, how yummy! Then we went to Q.C. to get Colby's summer school money. He made $50.00 for going two weeks and then we headed for MFA. He had his heart set on a bale hook. What 6 year old buys a hay hook, MINE! He bought their very last one and was very proud b/c his change looked like more money than he had given them. Then, off to Bloomfield to get parts for dad's tractor/mower. We were successful and Colby found a mower of his own to buy. Just pretend of course. He paid for it with his money and then very kindly offered to buy Emma something too! I paid him back, but told him it was very sweet to think about her.
We headed back to MO and stopped at mom's for tables for Bree's party. Stopped and visited Julie and Rhett for a few minutes and then went to see papa, my dad. I think we were avoided the house...what do you think? Papa ewwwed and awwwed over our purchases and offered to buy us lunch, so we went to Buddy's on papa's dollar:) After that interesting experience, the kid's were driving me crazy to go get Sylvia, so we did. Then we headed home, where the kids played and played and I cleaned out my van (including vacuuming), made a pan of lasagna, vacuumed the living room, dusted, loaded the dishwasher, etc. Boy was I motivated or what?!
We went to Colby's last game of the season, where he hit TWO homeruns, and got a trophy. A lot of people came to watch him play and he was very proud of himself. We came home to eat supper with Mike and Gigi and Colby went with Grandma so he didn't have to "deal" with the girls!
After supper, the girls got to pet the new pony and then had a bath. Right now I can hear them giggling about what they are doing tomorrow. I'm sure they will have loads of fun, I just hope they sleep late:)
O.K. I don't think I have ever been this detailed about a day and not posted pictures. That won't last long!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

ok, so i commented on the top instead of the bottom. it was a little cofusing to me but anyhow, this is the one that i couldn't read very good:O