Friday, June 20, 2008

Our 'Cation!!






O.K. time to really blog about our vacation.


Tuesday night we left right after Colby's ballgame. I had the van completely loaded. We drove ....o.k. Vance drove to Brookings, SD and we decided to pull in and sleep. We slept from 3 a.m. to 8 a.m. then drove the rest of the way in. We got there around 3 in the afternoon on Wednesday. The kids were so excited to check the chickens and thankfully the Ternes kids had waited.


Thursday morning, Emma and I went shopping and Vance stayed and hung out with the boys. It was kind of chilly, jeans and sweatshirt weather for us Missiourians. Emma finally found the perfect, purple sundress and she's wearing it in her dancing video. We also bought a new barbie, another dress, and I got new boots! I also got the cutest booties for my sister (if she has a girl)!...she already knows about them I showed her! That night we had tenderloins from Missouri for supper.


Friday dawned cold as well. Vance and the guys got ready for their hunt and we just hung out. They left at 11:30 and we waited for my parents and Lauren to arrive. That evening we went to eat at Johnny Carinos (YUMMY) and to a movie, Speed Racer. I do not recommend the movie! Totally obnoxious, but if you like special effects it might be your thing.


Saturday morning, Renae left with the boys to go to the cabin and fish. I waited until noon and went with Emma, Lauren, mom, Laurie, and Kylie. They had a really good time fishing and it was smokin warm! Yes, Lauren even got a sunburn b/c the sun is right on top of you up there! We then went the only establishment in Shields, the bar, to wait for the hunters to come in. Vance and Dwight got their check and then we went back to the cabin with the boys. That night we didn't get home till close to 1:00 a.m.


Sunday, we all slept in and waited for the guys to get home. Then we had a big supper for father's day and Renae made the yummiest chocolate sauce for ice cream. Emma ate it straight, but I had ice cream too!


Monday, mom and dad took the little kids: Emma, Colby, and Colton to the zoo and McDonald's playplace. Lauren and I went shopping and I got Emma the cutest coat at Old Navy. I'll have to take a picture of her in it when she's clean! Then we went with the guys to watch then at a clay pigeon shoot. It was pretty neat!


Tuesday morning we left to come home:( A good time was had by all!


No comments: