Thursday, May 8, 2008

zzzzzzzz.....

Well, this morning, I was so tired that I literally wanted to cry like a little kid. All of this running is doing me in. I went to Curves and on to work. The day started out pretty good, but quickly went down hill. I hope my tiredness didn't make them crazy, I think it's just the end of the year. We went and visited the baby chick in 2nd grade. That gave them something to look forward to when they get to be 2nd graders. We also did a little testing for the end of the year....never fun.
During my break, I finalized our window order. Whew....talk about nerve racking. We're still having discussion on the egress window well. The lumberyard must not sell a lot of them, b/c they seem to be completely in the dark. Windows are a big chunk of money and could be a huge problem if I did it wrong. Thankfully, my aunt is helping us, so I have an inside link:)
I got to go down to Colby's room at his snack time to be there for his birthday snack. That was fun being on the other side of the teacher desk! He took strawberries and push ups. I know, kind of a strange combination. Thank you Mrs. Garrett for watching my class, so I could be a mommy!
At rest time, I did a 6th grader's hair for the musical tonight. That was fun and some of the girls seemed to enjoy it. We ran into Bronson and the rest of the Shaws. Bronson ended up coming home with us which was great b/c Colby was completely distracted playing with him and I got to doze on the couch.
Then, off to ball practice. I forgot to bring a drink for the boys and when I realized that I knew it would be a rough night. My feelings got hurt right at the start which put me in a bad mood, but I tried to shake it off. I got to throw grounders at the kids and see if they could scoop them up. Not sure if I did it right, but it was fun. We played a mock game and I thought they looked really good! We're moving into the big leagues now:)
We had a handful of mushrooms for supper, yum yum!
I think this is the first blog in a long time that I'm not posting pictures. Sorry, just don't have a new phase of the house yet.
Tomorrow promises to be a busy day. Work, screening, shopping, and getting ready for Colby's trail ride/b-day party. Hopefully, everyone will be in better humor. Until then.....

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

I sure hope today is a better day for you. It is Friday and you get to wear jeans! Yeah for that. At least you are able to start the day out good. Thanks again for taking care of Bronson last night:)