Monday, May 5, 2008

Day Two

Well...day two went smoothly until sunset. What is it about dark that starts all of the problems. I am doing kindergarten screening this week, so I had to work until 6:30 possible 7:30. I got up and went to Curves at 5:30 and then work, etc, etc. I decided to take off at 11:30, so I could get some pictures of the forms and footings going in and get some housework done. The forms were going great and after work Vance and the kids got to see them pour the footings. I got there at about 6:45 and I was looking around and taking pictures and it dawned on me that there is no t-wall. It's a brace wall. Vance had forgotten about it and so now a backhoe has to come in in the morning to dig it out. Then Bree mentions treated lumber for the basement window, which we also did not have. Bummer...on the phone again making arrangements to have that delivered. So...tomorrow the forms for the walls are suppose to go up and we're hoping to pour the walls. A chance of thunderstorms tomorrow...please no:) Colby also has ball practice, I have screening and Curves, and Emma is just trying to stay out of trouble. Good luck!



Putting the finishing touches on the wing wall footing.

That pointing up stuff is rebar, it's suppose to keep the cement from cracking.

Yep, that's where the t-wall goes. Hmmm...what should we do now. Let's stand here and look at it and see if it appears! Nope, still no t-wall, on to plan B:)

Same thing, different angle.

3 comments:

Amee Jones said...

Yay! I am excited about your basement, but even more excited that you have pictures of amish!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i think you guys need to make a list...step by step so you don't forget anything else. you're beginning to make me nervous..like you're going to get to the end and go "oh, crap" THE ROOF!

Bree Shaw said...

Yeah for women. If we didn't think of everything then what would the men do? Good thing they have us around. I think I need to supervise them in the mornings and then you in the evenings to make sure they get everything done RIGHT!