Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hustle

Well, that word is not really in my son's vocabulary. He started ball tonight and as a whole the team did a great job...so I'm told. I was not really sure what to expect or what to do, but it all looked like a well-oiled machine. I get frustrated with Colby because he questions authority. Why? What's next? How come? NO...you just say "Yes, Coach" and do it! I'm just going to try and ignore him and let the other two coaches take care of him. I can put him in a foul mood quite quickly and vice versa.
It's neat to see the different abilities and personalities. Some are four and some are 6. Quite an age span. I'm sure it's bound to be a comical year.

3 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i forsee in your future an incident in the dugout when you tell colby to do something & he very sarcastically looks at you and says "yes coach!"

Bree Shaw said...

I agree with Jenn:) I will work on him on Tuesday night. I might just have to have a little talk with the whole team and then if he keeps it up have a little heart to heart with him.

Andrea Frederick said...

I agree with both of you. He needs to show respect to authority!