Friday, May 9, 2008

What a day!

Well...today started off on a good note. I layed in bed with my husband and we TALKED for a good 10 minutes. That's something that has been hard to squeeze in this week. Colby kept saying, what are you guys doing? I can see your foot mom! Yes, Colby, go get ready....
I went to work and felt rested and ready for the day. Then I got a text from Jenn...Mike got his job! Yay! Good for him and her, they get to move home, have summers off, etc!
I had a pretty good day with my class. They are just all a little whiny and I know it wasn't me today. So, I chalk yesterday's behavior up to their summer break fever and too much playing not enough sleep. I had one little boy that cried and cried and cried. I just found it amusing today, maybe b/c I knew he was going home at 1:00.
We went to the high school and had a end of the year celebration for retirements etc. My fourth grade teacher, Kocoa Vandike, retired after 32 years! What an accomplishment.
Then on to screening...we were really slow, so a few of us decided to work on the schedule for next year. I feel good about it, as long as everyone agrees. One grade wasn't represented, and that kept waying on my mind. It was a spur of the moment decision to work on it but I know I would have been upset if I wasn't there. On the other hand, it really, really needed to be done. Enough with the quick 10 minute meetings here and there. We worked on that thing for 3 hours! Hopefully, it can be tweaked here and there on Monday and everyone feels confident that it will work for next year. Then I have to remember that if we don't get more kids for kindergarten, I won't even be teaching kindergarten next year. I try to tell myself that that will be o.k, but I know deep down that it won't. Next year, when all of those kids come in with bright, shiny faces, I won't get to hug them and show them to their desks. Plus, I know it will be a disappointment for a lot of students that I know throughout the county. They will expect to see my face:) as beautiful as it is.
After screening, Emma and I made a mad dash to KV. She was a great shopper and I greatly appreciated it. We bought all of the groceries needed for Colby's birthday. Hotdogs, buns, smores, drinks, etc. We also bought a few presents. His big present is a new pen for his pony...what he wanted. We got him a lifejacket, tennis shoes, a imaginetext toy, a few books, etc.
Hopefully, the rain will hold off for ONE more day and we can enjoy the trail ride. Birthday pictures soon....

No comments: