Sunday, May 11, 2008

Birthday Boy


His shirt from Rhett.

Open Season from Corin and Steve.

Batting helmet from Bree and Jared.

His cake, the first year I haven't had some elaborate cake for Lauren to create.

Colby and Rhett at Rhett's track meet on HIS birthday.
Colby and Mrs. Worf (Worth) and a good buddy Ryan.
The big trail ride.

My dad telling a big story and letting the horse rest..whew!What a cowboy at the ripe age of 6!

Yesterday was Colby's birthday. He is now a big six year old. We started the day with a trail ride. He had lots of fun. He loves riding his pony if he has a reason for riding. There were 10 peeple in all including my dad, who is much more comfortable on a motorcycle. I started out on the ride, but then my horse, no fault to her, started bucking. I know I'm not a great rider and she knows I'm nervous. Those two things together are not a good combination. Anyway, I parked my horse at the Gray's and called my friend Bree to come and get me. No questions asked, she loaded all three boys up and came.

I then went home and finished getting ready for Colby' party. It kind of worked out well, b/c I didn't feel rushed. We had a weiner roast at the farm, which is a good thing b/c it started raining and raining and raining. Lots of people came and I think Colby should feel very special to get that many people to hang out all day! He gots lots of good presents. I have views on presents that just take up space. Little plastic toys that take batteries and get broken easy don't excite me too much. Plus, Colby does not play with toys much. Needless to say he got a ball bag and batting helmet, two movies Open Season and Young Guns, a plier case and pliers, a leapster and game, quite a bit of money, and his favorite a shirt that says: Rhett's #1 Fan! He was very excited about this shirt and wore it to church today.


Today we went to church and then to Aunt Marcia's for mothers day. I can't figure it out, but I have been very emotional this week. My sister and two others signed a song today and two ladies got baptized and I was blinking back tears like crazy. It probably doesn't help that I watched P.S. I Love You last night and cried the entire way through it. I feel like a emotional pregnant person. Not sure what that's all about: lack of sleep, feeling grateful? Who knows....

2 comments:

Candy said...

I am glad Colby had a great B-Day and sorry to hear about your horse, but it sounds like it worked out for the best. I can't wait until I see Colby's new batting helmet. Hope everything is going well with the house building.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

i love that mom was still "awesome" a whole day after the party...that leapster must be something cool!