Monday, May 26, 2008

Road Trip

Last weekend west Iowa, this week east Iowa. We went to Cedar Rapids to attend my cousin Sara's graduation party. The kids and I left Saturday, mid-morning and made the three hour trip up there. It was strange to travel without Vance. It's the first time I'm actually went SOMEWHERE without him and with the kids, without any other adult. We made the trip fine and stayed at the party for about 3 hours. Then on the road again to Muscatine Iowa. We stayed with my cousin Angela, Adam and Sara. We had a good time fishing (o.k Colby and Ang did), seeing the river, just hanging out, and feeding the variety of animals at Weed Park. It was nice to catch up with Angela, see Sara in action, and stay at their beautiful home. I got some good ideas for our house too!
Speaking of house, we are working on the floor this week. The bulldozer came last week to finish up on the dirt work, which he's working on this week too, b/c of the rain. Then comes the drain and finally the floor.
I agreed to teach summer school in the mornings for the first 12 days. It should be interesting b/c it's 3rd grade! I'm not sure how it will go, but surely I can't ruin them in 12 days right?!

Trying her hand at fishing...no luck.


Ahhh...this is the life!
Ready for the rain...
On the Mississippi



At Weed Park, 9 new ducklings. There were ducks, geese, turtles, and muskrats.


Fishing at Weed Park, it's going to take a lot of these to feed us!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

Look at that nice big UMBRELLA:) Are you ready to stay at home yet?