Friday, August 1, 2008

This and That

Well, I can't believe I haven't blogged since Wednesday! That's crazy. I'll try to catch up without too many boring details. First, I was a little disappointed when we went to the farm Wed, b/c Kelly wasn't working. He told me they went to the Harris house and it is all finished except ONE shower door, that has to be repaired before they install it. I just like to see progress everyday. Vance called that evening and told me that Jeff and Richard were there to talk about our cabinets! YAY...that made me feel better. Jeff and Richard are Vance's cousins and are making all of our cabinets/vanities. Jeff was very patient and even drew lines on the floor so I could see exactly where things go. In the end, I am very excited to see what they look like.
Thursday, we went to the farm and they had layed the floor in Emma's room. Kelly let the kids climb up the ladder and Emma FINALLY got to walk in HER room! I think it looks like she's "consulting" with Kelly on how she wants things!

Also, on Thursday, they began putting up our rafters. It was a very slow process b/c they are so heavy and there is nothing to stand on as they do it. You can see they are flat on top b/c the rafters are so big they couldn't bring them down the highway in one piece.


This is what the house looked like at the end of Thursday.

Friday, they finished the rafters and began putting on the peak. It made the house look HUGE! I don't envy these guys at all.

The final pieces. You can see that the whole south side of the house does not have rafters. Kelly is building those b/c that is Emma's room and her ceilings are cathederal.
The end of the day on Friday. The blank spot in the middle is the dormer that will be a skylight kind of thing into the living room.

The view from the north. The bottom peak is my living room ceiling. They will be almost 14 feet tall! I am very excited about that. These rafters are scissor truss rafters so we can stuff all the space between the bottom and top with insulation. That will make things a lot easier to heat, plus who needs 30 foot ceilings?!

Also, yesterday, Bree and I and the kids went to KV for groceries, Curves, and other errands. She let my kids spend the night last night and then we're headed to the parade today. Then I have to go get the boys from a birthday party in Memphis tonight. Not sure what else the day will bring.

Happy Saturday:)

No comments: