Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Update

Here is a picture of our house with all the shingles on except a 17ft end cap on the top. They ran out and the lumberyard was out. I think it looks cool and can't wait to see the color with the siding and the porch all put together. Other than the roof, the guys have been doing things that take awhile, but don't look like much. They've put the back on both stairways and are putting in a stud wall on the north gable. I think the next step is to get OSB up on both gables and then to start wiring. The wiring is exciting, but a little overwhelming b/c I have to decide where to turn lights on and off and where to put plug ins. I've heard a lot of opinions from lots of people and I pay attention when at other's houses. For example, after being at Bree and Jared's we will put a light switch at the top of the stairs to turn off the lights in the basement:)...smart huh?
Off the subject....our reunion is coming up on Saturday. At first, I wasn't too excited, but after seeing who is coming I am getting more and more excited every day. I will see a few friends I haven't seen in 10 years! I know, we're getting old.
One more thing...someone at school wore "shower shoes" to work and got away with it! You know, the ones with the one velcro strap, the little pointy things on the bottom, and they say adidas across the top. Yep, like I said shower shoes, sliders, slippers...whatever, it really TICKS ME OFF! Like those look better than my cute flip flops? I think not! P.S. Thanks Annette for pointing them out to me. If not, I would not have had to get my panties in a bunch!
Last thought....Vance got called out tonight:( I guess it won't matter if you call after 10, b/c I'll be alone, all alone, just me, and no one else, bummer.....and I shaved my legs and everything!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

but maybe he got home before you had to leave this morning and things gotten taken care of. i commented on the one below before i read this one about your 10:00 date. tonight will even be better.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the reunion too. FYI I'll probably be late to the picnic part b/c Steve has to work until 12:00. Also on the house lots of outlets my personal theory is you can never have to many. Our house has a lot and there still never where I want them to be. I feel for you on the injustice of the flip flop situation.

Love Ya!!
Corin