Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Shoes

Yesterday, I had to take Colby to the allergy doctor to discuss his reaction to the bee sting. He was a great doctor and we talked for a long time about his reaction, long term plans, and testing. We are going back next Wednesday to test him and see what bee he is allergic to. It's a very lengthy process, so Vance and I are both taking him. I think he's looking forward to a day with mom and dad and no Emma. After the doctor, Colby and I went on a hunt for new shoes for him. He had outgrown his old ones. We went to payless and there was nothing except cartoon characters and velcro...yuck! I bought three new pair of very impractical, but cute shoes. I wore a pair today, but already had to change. We then went to Wal-Mart and they also had nothing. Got a few groceries and then headed to Hibbets. Here is what we ended up with....

Emma got the cutest soccer cleats...I couldn't resist. Next year she'll be able to wear Colby's old ones, but this year her feet are too small, so I got the cute pink ones.
Colby got a pretty cute pair too. When he tried them on, he told the sales lady he needed to have both shoes on. She was like o.k. but I've never met a boy that particular. He needed BOTH shoes on, so he could test them and see if they were fast. He ran up and down the store, and Yep! they were fast. I went to pay for them and he went running by and then stopped...Mom, they have good breaks too!

When we got home, they both put them on and went running up and down the driveway...seeing who was the fastest.
His big foot...her little foot. Who knew their physical size would be so much different than their age!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

those do look fast, colby...i need a pair of those. maybe i'll just have to borrow yours!

& emma, you are soo luck to get pink soccer shoes! i bet they'll make you play super duper good!

Bree Shaw said...

lovin the pink cleats! wish i could have had a girl to buy pink cleats for:)