Saturday, August 9, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

We've been very busy, but I'll try to catch up....Wednesday on the way home from swimming lessons, Bronson asked if he could spend the night with us. I didn't care, but doubted that he would actually stay. He's big talk until it gets dark outside. Well, he stayed. First, his mom took him home to dole out some punishment he had earned throughout the evening and then brought him over. When it came bedtime, he went to bed without a word....totoally shocked! I am glad he has seemed to grow out of his fear of staying at someone else's house.
Thursday, we went to the farm and then went to KV to Tri County Day. We first went to the House of Jesus and Emma got her own bible and case and Colby got a case. Then we went to the Tri County Meeting and signed up and voted. After that, the kids and I along with Corin, Steve, and Levi went to Ruby Tuesday's to eat. It was very yummy. We went from there to Corin's house to drop off her birthday present and Levi's too. Levi loved his chair and was so cute rocking in it. Corin seemed pretty pleased with her present too! The annual meeting didn't get over until 9:00 and we didn't get home until almost 10! There was a tie vote and lots of b.s.ing!
Friday, I went to work in my classroom. Mandie and April answered lots of questions for me and I got a lot of things moved. I am glad they called me to ask me to work, it makes things easier. My kids were very well behaved and were lots of help. After that, we went over to the farm and Kelly had put a mock roof over the dormers, each was a different size. I thought I wanted a 5.5 pitch and Vance thought he wanted an 11 pitch. The left is 5.5 and the right is 11. Actually, I didn't really care, and Vance loved the 11 pitch so that is what we're going with.

They also worked very hard on the porch and have all the posts in and half of the floor laid. It's kind of hard to see in this picture.Then, off to swimming lessons...the only picture I took was of Colby jumping off the diving board. He was so fast I got an after picture!
So the porch, we want the log railing on our porch, so Vance is going to make it. He spent ALL day working on stripping the bark off the logs. It is very hard work and I am appreciative that he is doing it. It will look great when it's done! We also went to the lumberyard to pick out stain. What a decision!

Colby lending a hand:)
Emma not lending a hand:)

My cousin Chance helped us all afternoon too! Thanks Chance!

Vance working hard!
Colby irritated with his dad b/c he's taking a break.

So he went back to work by himself!

So far it's been a very busy weekend! I'm glad the weather cooled down:) I also went to a baby shower for a cousing on Vance's side today. I'm always very glad I go after I see how few Frederick's are there. It's also really neat to see what the mommy to be gets. It will soon be time to really start "planning" Jenn's shower. We are doing a hat/bonnet theme if anyone wants to shop early!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

whew! what a weekend:) jared said vance was trying to get the stuff for the porch done. i like the 11 pitch roof too.

Bree Shaw said...

also, did you send out a message on facebook? just thought it was an odd message and wondered if maybe it was a scam. if so you need to reset your password.