Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

This week has been crazy and it's only Wednesday. The date for this post might be yesterday b/c I started it and never got time to finish. So let's start from Monday.
Monday: back to school. Not too much happening. I was going to go to Curves with Bree but Vance got called out at 3:00 A.M. Tried to go back to sleep, but sleep left me as I stressed about making sure I called Bree to tell her I wasn't going to Curves. Finally texted her at 5;45?. She texted me back...yes, sucess! Went back to sleep, only to be woke up by my phone b/c Vance was on his way home from the outage and was telling me I could go ahead and go to Curves. Too bad...out of the mood now! Needless to say, I was very tired for work. Had a parent meeting that evening. Vance met me there b/c he was the parent:) We had a good turn out. I was so tired, I kept falling asleep on the couch. (Did I mention that I taught for about an hour with no electricity? What fun!)

Tuesday: Got up and went to Curves. Late, no gas, couldn't find the right clothes...what a glorious day. When I get to work, I change into work clothes and then go next door to see what I look like in their big mirror. Ooops...you could kind of see my dark bra through my light shirt. Oh well, their only 6 right? After work, I hurried home, got Emma and went to the Lumberyard. Made some decisions on doors and then went out to the farm to see the progress. See below....

basement stairs

all the roof with tar paper and a few shingles
another view
still with the mud

After I left the farm, I lickety split ran to Wayne's to order tires, dropped by the house, left my kids with Bree, and flew to KV to meet a couple of friends for supper. That was fun. No kids except one little tiny baby. Then I flew back home to get my kids and put them to bed. Was woke up AGAIN very rudely by Vance who had run over Simpson (Emma's dog) in the driveway. Now I tried to go back to sleep after discussing what to do, but kept imagining telling her in the morning. Ughhhh.....

Wednesday: Got up and broke the news to Emma. She took it very well and asked to not be there when Vance buried him. She still talks about that with Diablo, so maybe she was too young. Took Emma to Judy's and then Vance and I took Colby to get venom tested for bee stings. Needless to say: he is very allergic to yellow jackets and honeybees and the epipen jr. is our new best friend. Colby was pretty brave during all the sticks and scratches and his reward was a treat. My six year old boy picked out a socket set as his treat. He is very excited to use it. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the farm and almost all of the shingles are on. I will post pictures when it is all finished. I also spent an hour at the lumberyard picking out faucets and the cabinet maker came by again. At one point, I think we had almost 15 people milling about. Ahhhhh.....It was getting crazy. Especially with Colby out walking on the porch roof like he's a cat.

Tomorrow: Columbia, to get released for normal activity from my doctor a.k.a S E X! (sorry young readers....Raymond:) Then Emma and I are going to have a LONG girls day. Shopping...lunch....etc. We are very happy to have time together.

Vance has purchased a new toy, but it warrants a picture before blogging about it, so I'll just keep you in suspense.....

Keep in your prayers:

April....over 9 weeks pregnant, thought it could be twins, now No heartbeat

Judy Matthews....lost her house to a fire

Teachers.....we need patience

Mommys....we need even more patience!

My son and homework are not meshing very well, hopefully we will develop a routine!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Simpson and April's baby. It could still be too early for a heartbeat especially if she had the conception date wrong. When I went at 8 weeks they said that it was iffy for finding a heartbeat.

Love Ya!!
Corin

Bree Shaw said...

way to be positive corin! and that could very well be the case here. i know what picture you are going to post:) i got to see it in person last night. it was very funny. the boys said "what the heck". and they got a big kick out of it too. vance said how did you know about this? hello vance.... i talk to andrea!