Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ahhh....sitting at last!

This weekend has been crazy...let's start with Friday. After work, I went and got Emma and we made a quick trip to the farm. Kelly had built Emma's stairs with Vance's help and was very excited to show Emma. Vance and Colby went to Moberly so Vance could play in an alumni soccer game at the college he went to. Emma is very excited about her stairs and tells everyone she sees that she had stairs now. Poor girl...doesn't take much to get excited.



They also began putting shingles on the roof. I think the color looks really neat and can't wait to see the front of the house shingled.
After the stop at the farm, Emma and I along with Trenton, Erin, and Kayla went to Jim's dads visitation. Long drive, quick trip, but glad we went. Emma enjoyed being in the spotlight of Erin and Trenton and has a date to spend the night with them soon.
Saturday, we woke up to the sqwuak (sp?) of Vance's radio. He headed to work and I headed to Bloomfield to help Jenn and Mike move. After much sweating, we headed to Lancaster...unloaded...and went home. I went to sleep on the couch, something I never do!
Sunday, we slept in and did not go to church. Got up and I fixed a brunch. Then Vance went to mowing the yard and I went between cleaning and packing. Got lots more packed and moved to the farm and we moved the clubhouse and packed up the sand toys. We also spent a lot of time cleaning up sawdust at the farm.
Tomorrow, it's back to work and Curves. Then we have a 1st grade parent meeting at the school at 6:00. Me the teacher/Vance the parent:) Hopefully, the rest of the week will be quiet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color you picked for the shingles it looks great. Have fun at your parent/teacher meeting.

Love Ya!!
Corin

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm glad she has stairs, too...not a huge fan of the ladder (even if I wasn't pregnant!). Can't tell you enough how much we appreciated you guys this weekend. I can't imagine doing it without you. Thanks again. Love you,