Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mixed Feelings

I have mixed feelings....this is the first year that I am not ready for school to start. Why? Not sure. I think some of it has to do with our house being built and I want to be there everyday to see the progress. Another, is my children are older and a lot less dependent. I enjoy them more and we get to do more outings b/c of no naps, etc. Also, I think, I'm not looking forward to teaching 1st grade. I just feel very jipped. I see all of those bright, eager faces of new students and know that I will not get to shape their first year of school. The first year makes it or breaks it for many, and I will not get to use my "magic" on them. On the other hand, there are a few students that I have again this year that I am very excited to have. I cannot wait to teach them again, we have a special bond. I think another reason I have not worked in my classroom is b/c I know once I start I will get very excited and addicted and won't be able to stop. Never the less, I will have to go in soon b/c there are only two more weeks before school does start and the first day back to work for me is open house where all the students come in. If you're not ready, it's kind of like being caught with your pants down! O.K. many of you probably don't care, but I had to get it off my chest:) Have a great Sunday evening!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i am glad that you got it off of your chest. it will all work out and once school starts you will be ok:) how is colby???

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling at least now. I am trying to get my office ready and everyone else needs me to fix there rooms.