Sunday, August 17, 2008

Off I go....

Well, off I go to work tomorrow. I'm starting to get excited about it. To recap the weekend...Vance and I varnished our porch on Saturday and tried to get in a nap for the softball tourn. that evening. We played at 8:00....LOST, 9:00....LOST, sat around until 2:00...waited to play until 3:oo...LOST and went home around 4:00. The good news, I didn't bomb it. I only struck out twice in 3 games and even scored once. First time playing softball, unless you count wiffle ball in H.S. It was fun except the last game, b/c they were way to serious.
Sunday, got up around 9:30 ran the babysitter home and made it to church. Had a cousin get baptized and then came home to cook lunch for Vance's mom and dad. They came and ate with us, toured the house, and then took the kids home with them. They will be staying until Tuesday evening. I wasn't sure if the sitter could watch them Monday and Tuesday, so I just made other arrangements and the kids love spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's anyway.
Then we went to a visitation for a born Schuyler County native. He was 88 years old and was a wonderful man. He was reloading shells the night before he died, how awesome is that! I hope that can be said for me. The line was very long, but made you remember the song, "Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town." As an elder in the church, I will never forget the beginning of everyone of his communion prayers: Dear God....You Are an Awesome God...in that big booming voice of his. He made it to church one last time a few weeks ago, and I am so glad. Of course, with every visitation/funeral comes the discussion Vance and I always have, when I die.......we really should write something down.
Well, off to bed to recoop from last night and get ready for a full day of work. Get up at 5:00, Curves, Work, Open House...won't get home until after 7:00...a long day for the first day in 3 months.

5 comments:

Amee Jones said...

I am getting excited too. I look forward to being back across the hall from you. Maybe we will actually get to talk every once in a while! =)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

"...& bless both the gift...and the giver..."God bless you, Payton!

Andrea Frederick said...

oooh...i forgot about that part! i guess it was the offering prayer, what a great memory. i wish more people at church really "knew" him, in the good old days with him and juanita doing specials and such!

Andrea Frederick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Good Luck as you kick off to school.