Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a Weekend!

This weekend was fun filled. Saturday morning, Emma and I went to a friend's baby shower. We had fun getting dressed up and eating cake!
Emma also got to see Miss Lynne. She had been making a book for Miss Lynne that she gave to her that morning. They were inseparable.



After the shower, I took Emma to Mandie's to have her 5 year pictures taken. It was UNBELIEVABLE! I can't wait to see them. Mandie had a whole tea party set up complete with a tea set, pearls, lace, the whole nine yards! Then Emma was a mommy with a buggy and too big high heels and then she was talking to a suitor on the phone. Too cute! I was so pleased and can't wait to see the outcome.

We got home and Vance had my birthday present waiting for me. My birthday isn't until the 17th of May, but my present was ready now. You guessed it...a puppy!

Isn't he sweet? We named him Kodiak which means brown bear. He's so much fun to play with....I love watching him try to pounce with his HUGE paws!

The last tidbit of excitement this weekend was Colby shooting a bird with his b.b. gun. If you knew how much he meanders around the farm with his gun, you would be excited too. He came rushing into the house and I thought he was hurt, but NO....dead bird in hand he was bubbling with information!
Sunday, we went to church, mom's, shared the puppy with Corin and Steve, and just hung out. Vance worked a lot so everything was kind of out of routine.
Coming up....a full week of ball practice, my first pedicure, and a donkey ball game!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of Kodiak! It weird that his eyes are blue in them though, his sad brown eyes are my favorite part :)
Lauren

Bree Shaw said...

i noticed his eyes were blue in the picture too lauren. he is so cute and even cuter in person:) so glad you got him b/c i was on the hunt.....

enjoy your first pedicure. they are great! and thanks ahead of time for taking my child to the donkey bball game.

Corin said...

He's a sweetie. Puppies are just so much fun. Thanks for letting Levi come over and chase him for a while. He had a great time and slept like a rock last night. Looks like a very fun baby shower. What did Miss Lynne think of Emma's beads?

Shonya said...

Whew! Busy weekend! Adorable pic of you and Emma, love the dog, and did Colby eat the bird? :)