Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!
Our Easter was very full, eventful, and a little disgusting.
Friday, the kids and I had a nice leisurely morning and then headed to the Easter egg hunt at the Nursing Home, that my mom organizes every year. When I say kids, I also mean Bronson Shaw! They had lots of fun, and got a bag full of goodies. It's a neat hunt, b/c it's only for children and relatives of the staff....
After the hunt, my mom and dad, and jenn and mike....and natalee of course!, came over for supper. I cooked lasagna and other goodies. While the lasagna was bubbling away, Emma got sick. Not a little sick....a puke all the way down the hall kind of sick. She ended up being up most of the night with the flu. Yuck! I slept on the couch and ran upstairs every time she would get up. She was better the next morning, just tired.
Saturday, my cousin Ang, Adam, Sara, and new baby Christian came to visit. We had lunch, and Sara had her first big horse ride! It took some coaxing, but it was fun! She kept saying..."O, Kaaaay!" Love it! I had a good time visiting with Angela and glad she found time to see us! That evening Vance and Colby went fishing and I rode along with my trusty book....never leave home without one!
Sunday, we went to Sunrise services, the breakfast, and the first service.
Here is my daughter singing her heart out at Sunrise Service.
Here is my son's face during the songs. I was so proud!
We were home by 10:30! Emma took a much needed nap and the kids explored their goodies from the Easter bunny.


Emma got a ball, bat, glove, helmet, and bag...among other things. This was all stuff she needed, so I let the bunny get the glory:)!
Colby got a new fishing pole for his birthday fishing tournament and a birdhouse and new gum boots! For those of you who usually attend, Colby's birthday fishing tournament will be May 9th...more details to come!

We finished Sunday evening off, with Vance getting the flu and me having another round of it Monday. Then Colby woke up with it on Tuesday. Hopefully, we are all on the mend! I opened my house up last night for about an hour to blow out some germs!
Hope your Easter was just as great!

5 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

ewww, for flu bugs! i say LYSOL the crap out of your house! glad your kids loved what the easter bunny brought them. what did miss emma think of her pink and purple glove with the sparkles? was she as excited as you and i were? :) your son was cracking me up on sunday! he told you before hand he didn't want to do it:) and also thank you for taking my son, your other son, with you on friday! he had a blast. we need to start saying he is your son from another mother!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

So glad (knock on wood) that we've bypassed the flu bug at our house. Glad you are all feeling better!

Shonya said...

Flu--yuck, hope it stops at your house and goes no farther! :) Cracking up at the Easter gifts--that's more than we get our kids for their birthdays!!! :) Beautiful family--y'all clean up pretty nice! :)

Corin said...

That's the first time I've ever seen the word disgusting used in a post about Easter. Really reals you into read more. Great pictures. Glad your all better. So, can I just be a cheerleader for my boys at the fishing tournament? I don't want to sound like a girly girl but I'm not so into baiting hooks and touching fish. Colby would be so ashamed of me.

Angie said...

What a nice looking family. I hope everyone is feeling better, it is not any fun.