Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mr. Colby

We've started little league ball at this house. Colby's had 2 practices and I'm really proud of how he's conducted himself. He listens, hustles, and has fun. Tonight after practice this his our conversation on the way home:
Colby: "Mom, my coach pitches hard."
Me: "I know, Colby...you're playing on a harder team now. We'll have to pitch harder to you at home too."
Colby: "Yeah, when I hit the ball...afterward my hand wiggles."
Me: (stifling my laughter) "Wiggles, huh."
Colby: "Yeah, don't you see it wiggling while I run to 1st base."
Me: "No, I'm watching you run fast."
Colby: "Oh...well...it's wiggling all the way there."
Think he needs batting gloves....?

5 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

lol...yeah, Mom. Don't you see it? And I can picture his dead serious face!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love that boy. Cant wait to watch both of them play!
Lauren

Cindy said...

Too cute....funny what they think we should see! I am also excited to watch him play!

Bree Shaw said...

yes i think he needs batting gloves!:) i am so glad you guys elected to move him up. i think it was the best choice. i can't wait to see him play with kids that know what to do with the ball!

Corin said...

When I go to his game I'll have to remember to tell him afterwards that I saw his arm wiggle.