Friday, April 10, 2009

Can you see it?

This is my 400th Post! Can you believe it?

Anyway, on to my point.
Oh, that's right.
That's what this post is about.
My point.
Can you see it?
My friends and I have discussed in great length for the past couple of weeks, differences in opinions.
I love arguing a point.
Ask my husband.
When you believe in something, I mean really, passionately believe...don't you want someone else to believe too?
And if they don't want to believe in it, at least see your point.
Exactly!
I can always see both sides....o.k., not always, but most of the time.
I see the benefits and downfalls of staying home with my kids.
I see the benefits and downfalls of using bleach.
I mean come on....
Isn't there a pro and con to EVERYTHING?
Just keep that in mind, when passionately arguing your cause.
Think of the other person.
And sometimes, ignore that big dose of pride, and admit that you see their point.
It'll make everyone feel a little better.

5 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i hate bleach! :) i like what it does to whites but i hate what it does to colors!

i agree with you on this post 100%! i know everyone thinks that they are right when it comes to something they strongly believe in, but like you said, there is a point in life when you have to admit that you see that they are meaning.

i like how we both can express our opinions with each other, whether we agree with one another or not, and still be best friends.

thanks for being opinionated and allowing me to be the same way and still loving me:)

Bree Shaw said...

oh yeah, congrats on your 400th post! what a great way to celebrate it:)

Corin said...

I don't even know how to express how strongly I agree with you here. I understand that other people are passionate about there opinions, so am I. I don't need/want them to abandon there beliefs and side with me as much as I want them to see things from my perspective.
For me it's really hard to give up an arguement if I can't get the other person to at least see where I'm comming from. I keep thinking that if I could just find the right words they would understand. I pick at it like a scab until it's bloody and infected. (How do you like that visual?) It's a flaw in myself. I need to understand that you can't always get people to see your point. Maybe they don't have the confidence in there own convictions to look at the other side of it, I don't know. For what ever reason they won't even for a second consider what it must be like for me. I'm working on accepting that and walking away. Leaves me unsatisfied though.
Thanks for the post and the infinite friendship.

Shonya said...

Well, I disagree, but I DO see your point!! :) tee, hee, j/k, I agree with you--it's nice to be able to try to see where someone else is coming from. I try to do that, most of the time.

And did I ever tell you about the time Destry was about 4 or 5 and someone said something and his response was: "Well, that's your opinion and it's wrong." LOL It still makes me lol to think of it! chuckling He was so stinkin' cute (and so like his dad! ha, ha)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Um, I don't know what you are talking about because I'm right ALL of the time. Okay, maybe like 98% :)!

Totally agree (good thing, or I'd have to argue my case).

and...btw...Corin, ewww to the visual!