Thursday, April 2, 2009

Snooze

Yes, I am one of THOSE people. The kind that hit snooze all morning long. I set my clock for 6:20....
and then....
I hit the snooze...
until 7!
How annoying huh?
The beauty is, when I get out of bed
it is 6:45
b/c I also set my clock ahead about 15 mins.
So, this morning...I would sleep for 9 minutes, wake up, hit snooze, and doze somemore.
The strange thing is, while I was dozing...my dreams got weirder and weirder.
I was dreaming that the time I had left to doze what like a lifeline meter on a video game.
You know....
Where the color goes down as your life peters out and finally GAME OVER.
That's what my dream was.
I would wake up and glance at the clock to make sure I didn't have to get up quite yet,
and in my "mind" I was reading it in life-o-meter.
Go ahead and laugh.
You know you want to.
Just be glad YOU don't sleep with me!

8 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

i am glad i don't sleep with you for that reason, b/c one i can't stand an alarm that keeps going off and i CAN'T stand for my feet to be all, you know, stuck!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm a snoozer too but not with a life-o-meter. I'm really working on getting up the 2nd time the alarm goes off. Mine goes off at 5:55, so if I get up the 2nd time it's a little after 6. I'm just much happier when we aren't rushing and late all the time. Buuuut, I haven't got it down to a fine art yet (expect that one morning I told you about when I got up and made muffins...go Betty Crocker!).

Erin said...

Ummm...I'm pretty sure Trenton & I both set alarms for the exact same time. We both hit snooze the first time. His snooze is ten minutes and mine is 5...talk about annoying....no one else would be able to stand it I'm sure. So we set our alarm for 6, hit snooze, mine buzzes again at 6:05, his at 6:10..and so on until we finally get out of bed at about 6:20. Which totally explains why I'm always running behind!

Unknown said...

That's the only time I dream, after I hit the snooze.

Corin said...

I always have the strangest dreams after I hit snooze too.

Cindy said...

Isn't that why they made the snooze button......so we can say we are getting up when we are suppose to, but just catching those last few minutes of sleep/dreams are the best...never had a life-o-meter dream though:)

kel said...

I do that too.. for some reason it makes me think that I am getting more sleep that way...?? weird!

Shonya said...

Ugh--I had a roommate like that in college! :) I'm feeling for Vance today! LOL (I have a feeling he just sleeps through it all and doesn't even care! ha)