Tuesday, October 13, 2009

**I QUIT**

I quit!
My job!
I'm at the end of my rope!
I can't handle anymore.
I spent my entire hour break on the phone with parents, I had 7 students not bring back their evening homework. GRRRR!!! How frustrating.
Since we are only a section of 2 teachers, we don't have an in room. So, the students that do no do their homework have to do it outside at recess. That is effective....
30 degrees, children playing everywhere, damp cement....very conducive for a wonderful learning environment.

Besides that, the behavior problems in my room this year are out of control. I carry, lug, move a student to the corner at least once a day.
I'm tired.
I'm exhausted.
I can't do it anymore.

On top of that, I have to stay after school today for cheerleading camp. Yes, I know this was my choice...but oh well. Then I have to come back for the board mtg at 7. I hope my mood improves, or they could get an ear full.
Tomorrow, I have to stay until 4:30 for mandatory work in your room and then be in a decent mood for church @ 6. I will have less than an hour at home. UGH!
Thursday, I have an IEP mtg. after school.
Maybe I should just bring my pillow and sleeping bag and just spend the night.

I think I'm going to scream.

Plus, I'm so done by the time I put them on the bus, that I just need 10 mins of quiet, but as soon as I hit my room I take off my teacher hat and become the mommy again...or sometimes I wear both hats at the same time!

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

I hope the next post makes a lot more sense....this one is just pouring on the screen as my fingers fly....

7 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

no quitting allowed, but always time for a good rant. 1 day at a time, right? or in your case, 1 hour at a time!

i wish i could tell you how to solve your year but there is no answer from me...sorry!

if it makes you feel any better, while I was home with a sick baby today 3 more special ed referrals were made at scotland which puts my case load closer to 20...almost as many as a regular classroom!! i'm feeling a little unsettled myself...

Cindy said...

I do not know what to say....teachers have their hands full that is for sure....I could not do it and do not want to do it...you are awesome and you are making a difference in their lives just remember that....hugs from me and it will get better....maybe a night out with the girls would help!

Lori said...

I share some of the same thoughts this year!!! I teach K at SCR-1 with your sister! It is just a job and we are 1/4 way done!!!! We are still healthy enough to teach. Hang in there

Bree Shaw said...

i can tell it isn't like it has been in the past. you aren't yourself, you don't talk much, etc. i hope things get better. you know i am here if you need to rant! love ya!

Anonymous said...

wish i had some magical words to say to make it all better. hang in there and remember you are a good teacher who makes a difference in the lives of the children you teach and you are a wonderful mom to two kids who love you uncondionally. God knows you can handle this or he wouldn't have given you the oppurtunity to be a teacher or a mother.
Love you
Mom

Corin said...

I'm so sorry. I wish you would have said something this morning, instead of letting me go on like an idiot about Emma's braclet.
I've been there, okay not exactly, but close. When I had therapy in college I cried everyday. I mean litterally everyday. I had to pull myself together before every session to go get my client. I dispised every minute of it. Planning, therapy, reviews. I made it through and I know your stronger then me so you can make it through too. Just keep putting one food in front of the other and you'll make it. And remember you don't have to do everything alone. I know you have to face the class alone but lots of people would love to lighten your burden in anyway possible, including me. I'm a great idea person. And I'd be happy to listen to you rant, rave, and curse. Hang in there.
Love You!

Shonya said...

I'm so sorry! I have been praying for you today, that you would be able to love the children with God's love (not your own limited power) and that you would be given wisdom to know how to handle the difficult situations.

If it makes you feel any better, I am planning a buckle-down-lesson-planning-marathon this weekend b/c my year just hasn't been going as well as usual, either. I know it's because I'm not as organized as usual--I just can't seem to get my FOCUS. Hopefully things can come together for both of us (or it's gonna be a l-o-n-g year!!)