Sunday, October 4, 2009

Emma's burn

Saturday night we went to a ballgame to watch a few friends and neighbors play and cheer. It was cold and dreary and Emma wanted hot chocolate. I let her go down and get a cup and the next thing I know is people are yelling at me to come down. The drink had splashed out and hit her hand and burned her. BAD! We headed to the ambulance and they helped us out. We have used 2 kinds of cream and are keeping it covered. This is what it looked like Sunday morning.

During church it got popped and now it's much uglier and even more important to keep covered b/c of infection. Emma is in major diva mode and thinks she should be treated like royalty! I'm taking her to the doctor on Monday to make sure I'm doing everything right. What a scare!

9 comments:

Shonya said...

That is terrible! Poor Emma! She DEF deserves to be treated like royalty over that one! :D (Totally on E's side here, sorry! giggle)

Diane Melvin said...

That's scary all right. I can't believe how big it is. I would have been surprised if it didn't pop. Hopefully she'll heal well.

Stacey and Ryan said...

Oh my! That looks so painful. I hope it heals quickly and she isn't in too much pain! Good luck to mom too in taking care of the princess.

Bree Shaw said...

i would be in diva mode too! you guys will have fun tomorrow. give her some loves for me.

Corin said...

Poor baby! I burned my hand when I was little, had a blister the size of my palm. If it makes either of you feel better it didn't scare at all. I think maybe see deserves the royal treatment for a while.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emma! You poor precious baby girl! I am proud of you for being so brave! I'm thinking about you today. Love, Mrs. Garrett

Anonymous said...

Poor Emma!,
I'm wishing I could kiss it and make it all better. Gotta be tough if you're a country girl. (I used to tell my girl that)
Love ya kiddo, Mrs. Kenney

michelle stratton said...

OUCH!! The EXACT same thing happened to me in high school, sounds like she handled it better than I did!!! Except I had on those stretchy gloves and I pulled them off and the skin came with it...YUCK I know!! I about fainted several times!! But, mine healed perfectly and I'm sure hers will too!! The Dr gave me some BRIGHT WHITE(not sure name of it) stuff that helped the healing and scarring!!

Rhonda said...

Holy cow!! Poor kid! (With the exception of the special treatment of course! lol)