Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blessed

That's how I feel tonight.
Today, I was up to my ears in rude comments from one particular student. After he called me a foul name, I took him to the office. Seriously, we just skip all the hoopla and start at the office...but oh well. So usually after I've once again "failed" with that student, a sense of depressions envelopes me. I just feel "down". No other word for it. The kids can tell and my teaching shows it. Today, not so much. I had a great rest of the day. I was carefree, fun, and attentive and my class could tell. We had great fun. I felt peaceful. There was no eye twitching or pounding headache. Then I get on my blog and read how everyone is praying for me and read all my lovely emails from friends. IT WORKED! The power of prayer....WOW! What a awesome feeling. So, thank you for thinking/praying for me. I appreciate and so does my class.

On another note, my Emma is getting baptized on Sunday. She has been asking for over a year. She understands what she is doing and is mature enough to accept the responsibility. Of course, we will still nuture her relationship with Jesus and help it grow as she does. Her prayer mentor, Miss Lynne, is baptizing her. Lynne keeps thanking me for the opportunity. No, Thank You! What an impact she has made on my daughter. It's so amazing. Tonight she gave Emma a doll and crown to tell the story of baptism. She talked to Emma about how she will be Jesus's princess when she comes out of the water. Emma prayed tonight, "Pwease God hewp all of my sins be washed away when I get bapitized....." so sweet and innocent! Thank you Miss Lynne, you are a blessing!

So I go to bed tonight, much calmer and peaceful than last night. Tonight, I will count my blessings.....

You do it too!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

miss lynne is a very special lady as is miss emma. the love they both have for God is absolutely awesome! i can learn a lot from both of them. i am so glad that you were able to get past the comments from your student and have a great rest of the day. i am so glad that you see that those other students don't deserve to suffer b/c of that "one" student. remember God doesn't give us more than we can handle, so hang in there! you are an awesome teacher and all your students love you whether they show it or not.

Corin said...

So glad you felt lefted up. I hate to see you down.
I'm so excited for Emma! I know how much this means to her and that she is fully aware of what it means. She's a very special girl and I know God has big plans for her.

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, how proud you must feel. Wish we were going to be there to see it. Miss Lynne will always have a special place in my heart as she has taught me so much about praying to HIM!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Vance this weekend. Take lots of pictures and post them. Chad will be excited to hear this news and will like to see pictures as well. The angels will be dancing and the heavens rejoicing. Congratulations!!!!
Laurie

Shonya said...

Praising God with you! I was praying for your day this morning and this verse came to my mind: "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." So, it seemed fitting to pray for God's power, God's love, and God's wisdom and sound mind to fill you today as you are ministering to the children in your class.