Monday, October 5, 2009

The End of the day that would not end....

Off to Epcot after Chef Mickey...isn't this picture neat? Note my amazing husband's friends...the backpack cooler. He packed this things for 3 days straight, never complaining. We carried 8 bottles of water, ice, ponchos, and other important things every day...ok he, not we. That saved us a ton of money when you think that the water was over $3.00 a bottle!
At Epcot we rode a few more rides. Here we are getting ready to fly to Mars. Not my favorite ride, but at least we can say we did it.

At this ride, we are test driving a GM vehicle....we are the crash dummies. It was very interesting.

It's neat how all Disney rides are "plotted" after a cartoon or have a learning opportunity presented. When we rode these rides, we really felt like we were flying to Mars, from the elaborate decorations to the ride attendants clothing.

A futuristic car...Colby and Vance holding up the ball.
Note that my children have changed clothes. We are now back at the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day and for the fireworks until I realized that there are not fireworks every night. Imagine my disappointment.
So be prepared for my pouting for the next few hours until I also realize there is a Halloween party and my husband agrees to buy us tickets to stay! Told you he was amazing!
So we ride all of our favorite rides again and then get ready for the party. Here my kids are BACK in their costumes, b/c we are going trick-or-treating at DISNEY WORLD! Can you imagine? It was pretty awesome. As the party gets ready to start, things get incredible. The decorations are changing right before our eyes. It truly is the most magical place on Earth. See why Colby buying that costume was such a good idea?
We watched an amazing show of lots of the villains from the movies.
Watched an awesome parade. Rode some rides in the dark. And then settled on the ground for the fireworks.
I could show you pictures.....
Until your eyes bled....
But I won't....
Keep in mind that these are all set to music...

Spectacular....huh?
When the fireworks were done, we walked around for a bit more. We stumbled upon Snow White and ALL 7 DWARFS...but were too exhausted to wait in line...so I took a picture of someone else's child:)
Emma is officially dead to the world and I am carrying her. Vance and Colby are riding just a few more rides and who would we see....? BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! Yes, I know Colby should have had on his costume, but come on...how many times can you change a kid?
It's now 11:45, the park is about ready to close. Emma and I go buy her magical castle that is almost 2 ft high and weighs a ton. We stumble to our bus....get in our rented car....cram in the castle....and make our way to Cocoa Beach.
We had an awesome time!
I just want to say that this vacation was not at all necessary. We could have used this money for much more practical things. We are SO glad we went! Memories made that will last forever, and we can't wait to do it again. We are very thankful for a Lord who provides for us...even when it's not always practical!
Next stop....Cocoa Beach for much needed relaxing....
Good bye Magic Kingdom....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so awesome. As for the actual vacation, some of my best memories are going on the yearly vacation with the family...I think it was worth it. And trick-or-treating at Disney World is not something you hear everyday! very cool!
Lauren

Bree Shaw said...

hearing your story behind all of it on here is much better than me just looking at the pictures super fast the other night. your narration was great and for the last part where you were dead tired..... and such reminds me of larry the cable guy stating how great it is when you leave. sounds about the same:)

Rhonda said...

Oh, I so want to go there. But it is so, sigh, expensive. One day, though. One day.

It looks like you all had a fabulous time!!