Thursday, July 30, 2009

A new purchase

While sitting in the waiting room....waiting for dad to get out of surgery, I went shopping. I was looking for the perfect backpack/cooler to carry into Disney. I friend gave me a tip that you can take in water and food, so I thought taking our own drinks would save us some money. So the bottom of this backpack is a cooler and holds 18 cans of soda! The top is for sunscreen, ponchos (another tip) etc. Then there are pockets for money, phones, autograph books, etc. I think we'll even use it a lot during ballgames. I have a HUGE cooler bag and love it b/c I can put a lot of stuff in it, but it's SO heavy to carry. I will still use it to grocery shop, but am excited about having this condensed version for our 'cation! Side Note
All is well with Dad...he had a double knee replacement on Wed. the 29th. He gave us a little scare, but now is up and going with his usual humor. They are hoping to have him on the joint replacement floor by this evening and hopefully walking. Mom is still down there with him.
I came home last night to be with Emma who had the flu....and I was afraid I might have it and give it to dad. She's going strong, but boy was she sick yesterday.
Jenn, Mike, Lauren, and Natalee are on their way home. It was 45 degrees there last night at 8 o'clock! Jenn and Natalee spent the night in the van. I think they are definitely ready to sleep in their own beds and just hang out. I can't wait to squeeze Natalee.
Thanks for all the prayers yesterday, I'll try to be a better blogger:)


4 comments:

Corin said...

Backpack looks awesome. I don't envy Vance if you do fill it with 18 cans of soda to tote around Disneyworld.
So glad all is well with your dad. I know I've said it via 3 electronic forms and repeated it 100 times, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Bree Shaw said...

glad you are back to the blog world! love the backpack! i can't wait to see it and see how you like it before i tell my mom exactly what i want for xmas. the one at dicks or one like yours. that sucks for jenn and natalee. i bet they are sooooo ready to be home. i know i would be.

Amee Jones said...

I am glad that your dad is out and doing well. Both knees at once sounds like anything but fun.
I bet you are ready to see miss Natalee!

Amy said...

The bag looks so cool. Hope your Dad is doing well!

Be Blessed,

Amy