Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5

It's been awhile. I haven't done much. I've had much fun with my treasures....I'll post pictures as I use them. Friday, I went to the indoor waterpark at the Honeycreek Park with Jenn, Natalee, Lauren, Corin, and Levi. It was great fun for little guys. Saturday, I spent the day wishing for sunshine and breaking things. I knocked over Vance's bbq grill while pulling my van into the garage...we have yet to try and see if it still works. I cleaned out my van and Vance's truck. I ran down the battery on his truck...in my defense, he needs a new one. Couldn't get the battery charger to work and had to wait for him to get there. He ended up jumping it and then the stinking thing wouldn't run right all the way to town. Pretty sure it doesn't like working when it's clean. Bree and I rented the worse movie in all of 2009 last night, Revolutionary Road. Yuck!
Today was much better....we went to church, to the Bloomfield Pool for Emma's ball team's swim party, and then back home to accomplish a lot of things. The swim party was so much fun, what a great group of kids.
Before I head to bed, I need to tell you about July 5th. It's kind of a neat date....
17 years ago....July 5, 1992....I was baptized. I remember it so clearly in my head. I went forward at church camp, I-MO.....and decided to wait until I was at my home church with my family. My Uncle Everett, much more a brother, also got baptized the same day. I tried to get dressed quickly so I could watch him after I was finished...in hindsight, I wish I would have just wrapped a towel around myself and dripped right there before God and everybody. It was a great reassurance to know the exact date he had been baptized, 5 years later when he passed away.
12 years ago....July 5, 1997....Vance and I started dating. Once again, we met at I-MO (that place is awesome)! We went home and he ended another relationship and we left for a mission trip a few days later....at the end of the 2nd day, we were an "item."
I can't wait to see what the rest of July 5th's have in store for me!

4 comments:

Corin said...

I think it's awesome that you remember the date of your baptizim. I remember the event like it was yesterday but I don't remember the date. You ever think about where you'd be, what life would be like for you if there had been no I-MO? I think about stuff like that.

Bree Shaw said...

it sounds like july 5th is your special day:) i think it is great that you remember the date so well and what happened on the day! good thing all those bad things didn't happen to you on july 5th:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

love the july 5th memories.

you forgot to mention that you took your own daughter to honey creek, too!

Shonya said...

Sounds like July 5th is a great day and worth celebrating each year! :)