Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Under

....the weather! Is what I've been! Oh my goodness was I sick. I don't remember ever being. that sick. for that long. It was awful. I started last Monday night....and today is the first "good" day I've had in 8 days! My husband was about really to kill me, the kids wanted to trade me in, and my friends were checking their schedules to send me on a one-way ride to A.N.Y.W.H.E.R.E! I was crabby, unsocial, and not myself. I just plain, didn't feel good. I woke up sick, got achy and chilly throughout the day....and was a grouch by bedtime. I finally went to the dr. Monday...after dealing with this for a week, and she said the reason I wasn't over it was b/c I never threw up and so my body was holding on to the toxins from the infection (stomach flu) longer than most people. My 2 kids had the flu and were over it within 12 hours....
So my advise...
if you get the flu,
just go throw up,
you'll feel much better,
much quicker!

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

but you and I are famous for being able to control our gag reflexes and NOT puke! glad you're feeling better!

Bree Shaw said...

i'm glad you are back to your ole self! i was gettin worried:) next time just throw up and get over it! what is it your mom says, fart and get over it?! wouldn't you rather throw up and be over it in 12 hours than to have it for EIGHT days?