Monday, June 22, 2009

Sheltered Life

Let me tell you about my poor, sheltered life. I'm 29 years old and I have Never, Ever lived in a house with central AC. The trailer we lived in had central AC, but it would keep the house at a toast 99 degrees! I've always hated the AC and I'm still not it's biggest fan, but it sure is nice. The window units blow hard and cool one spot. It's annoying! I still like to have the house opened up b/c I like the fresh air smell and I like to be able to hear my kids play....however when the real feel is 112, I will accept the AC with open arms!
On another note, we took our kids for a swim in our pond tonight. It was so much fun, just the 4 of us and such a quick walk from our front porch. The kids loved it and Kodiak was a swimming machine! They're begging to go again tomorrow! Colby played ball tonight and you could definitely tell he's a farm boy...he weathered the heat quite well.....
Stay cool and stop by for a swim....

5 comments:

Corin said...

Having a pond right in your own yard must be so cool. Maybe someday we can be that swanky.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Let me tell you that going from central air to window STINKS!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

PS in regards to your twitter--it's so hot upstairs and the blind we have for that big window doesn't have brackets so we clamped a blanket over the window. we look like HILLBILLIES!

Bree Shaw said...

i can't wait to come swimming:) i bet it is nice to just go out to take a dip!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is the first time in ten years that we have central air. Let me tell you, we will NEVER go back. I enjoy being cool without all of the fans blowing and all the noise. We are hot but not humid. I send some dry heat your way. Miss ya!
Laurie