Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How Long

How long do I have? It seems that I've held on to Emma being my "baby" longer than Colby. Is it because she's the last or b/c she's a girl? I still hold her at church....she sits on my lap....we snuggle in the morning. How long do I have?
I think she's smaller than Colby so it's not such an effort to hold her or boost her up on my lap. I also think she accepts it easier than Colby. She is definitely a joy....everyday, in the smallest ways. She watches people, notices things other don't. She is kind and caring and I can't wait to see what the future brings for her.
I love you, pretty girl!

A friend sent me this message through facebook today....it brought tears to my eyes! Thanks, Laci!
"I just wanted to send a quick message to tell you what Emma did today. She sits next to L and for the activity they both picked horse books as their favorite book. As part of the activity they were drawing pictures of what their favorite book was about. Emma drew a very nice barn and horse (you'll see it when I return them to school tomorrow). L was struggling to draw her horse. I helped her with ideas (what shape is the head, body, etc.) but she was very unhappy with her horse. I told her I thought it was a great horse and Emma agreed. Then I walked away to go to another table. When I looked back, Emma was talking very softly to her and then she drew a horse for her which put a big smile on L's face.
Your daughter is so sweet and caring and just lovely. I know you know all these things about her, but I still wanted to share that with you. "

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

ahhh, that brought a tear to my eye too. she is jewel and a sweet jewel at that!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

okay, so I teared up. oh, emma...what does the future hold for you?

thanks, laci, for taking the time to notice! you'll make a wonderful teacher!

Shonya said...

awwww. . .that's precious. They are such amazing blessings, aren't they?!