Sunday, June 14, 2009

an addiction

I am slightly addicted to yardsaling....as you can see!
In my defense, my sister's are just as addicted....
This is Jenn's car after a morning of "shopping."

Some of my good deals!
A spade and scraper....for $8.00.

A ballgame chair for $1.00, I have a lot of ballgames in my future!
2 backpacks with lots of pockets and wheels for my kids to take on the plane with them.

Purple tube lights for Emma's hidey hole!
A really pretty lamp for $3.
A teapot that I planted flowers in!
I bought this gas can at an antique store.... I love it!
I got this box for $2 and then painted in burgundy.....
I got other treasures including a handful of clothes for my kiddos....
Do you like yardsaling?
Oh yeah, my new watering can from Home Depot, super cute!
p.s. Doesn't anyone really know how to spell yardsaling?...what is the correct way?!

6 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

after going last weekend in kirksville i think i could get addicted to it too. i think we need to go to like des moines or columbia and do it. they say they have really good ones there! richy richs selling lots of awesome stuff for cheap! we need to plan a yard saleing date and go:)

Anonymous said...

Bree, I'm inviting myself. My Mom loves it when I come home with a bunch of crap, because I don't even have a house of my own to put it in. Lol. And Andrea your tea pot looks very nice, good choice on the flowers!
Lauren

Corin said...

I love yardsaling. And I have no idea how to spell it. If I'd have written that post I would have just rephrased every sentence with that word in it to say going to yard sales. But that's because I'm a spelling coward. You got some great deals. I can't believe you didn't include Vances new work bench. You Tallman girls are clearly serious about your going to yard sales.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Serious indeed! My husband was soooo proud of my purchases (that might be sarcasm)! But seriously, a bouncy horse for $5...? We are bargain hunters! And yes, let's find a weekend to go treasure hunting..
We might need to take 2 vans...one for sitting and one with no seats in the back for hauling treasure!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

And can I just point out that my daughter puked 3 times yesterday so she got to wear lots of her new yard sale outfits!

Shonya said...

I love yard saling and haven't gone yet this year! sniff Maybe this weekend. . .and the sales around DM are awesome--I love to go with my sis and SIL--just take an empty van to bring home all the loot! ;)