Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dining

I got to book our Disney Vacation dining reservations today. It was so much fun! Here is what I did....
Tuesday we fly out early in the morning, but we're not going into any of the parks that day. We're just taking the day to relax, unpack, and enjoy our resort. This is where we're staying
*.
On Wednesday, we're heading into the Magic Kingdom....straight to meet Cinderella. For supper, we will be dining with her.....see it
here.
Thursday, I'm not sure what our plan is. We have the park hopper pass, so we can hop around. We will end up at Epcot Center for supper
here.
Friday morning, we have to check out sometime....we have reservations for breakfast with Chef Mickey back at the Magic Kingdom. See a picture
here. Then we'll visit more parks and maybe head back to our favorites. We will also allow the kids to pick a souvenir before we leave. That way we don't lug them around all day!
I have a few ideas for the trip. I would love for the kids to make an autograph book to take with them and have the characters sign....does anyone have any good ideas to keep this from being cumbersome? I don't want it to be come a fight to keep track of it. I thought about carrying one decent size bag for everyone, or would it be better for everyone to have a small backpack? I would love some pointers!
After we leave Disney World...we'll be heading to Cocoa Beach until Monday morning. We have a
pretty neat hotel reserved to stay in there. It has an aquarium in it!
I hope we have as good of a time as I have dreamed up in my head:)!

8 comments:

Laci said...

How exciting. You guys will have a great time. I've never been to Disney with kids, but I think one larger bag for everyone to share will be you best bet. I would worry that the kids would get tired of carrying theirs and I'd end up with several small bags to lug. Bonus: you can make Vance carry the one bag!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

The reservations sound awesome. I'll have to come back tomorrow when it's not so late at night and look at all the pictures!

I vote one nice backpack...Mike and I have a couple with good back support if you want to look at them.

How about buying each of the kids small 4x6 photo albums and putting paper inserts in them? They can pull out a paper to have someone sign and then slide it back in to stay protected. Then when you get home you can go back and add pictures of them with that person? That's just what came to mind...

Bree Shaw said...

it all looks like so much fun. i am excited for you guys. i know you will have a lot of fun and it will be a great memory for the kids. i am trying to think of a vacation for my fam next year. baseball season really gets in the way of things! hopefully we will be able to take one at the end of july or first of august.

Corin said...

Looks like a once in a lifetime vacation. You guys are going to to have so much fun. I vote small backpacks for everyone. I know it's against the trend but then they can get there stuff out themselves and you don't have to get it out. Plus (I'm sorry it's how my mind works) you can put contact info in there backpacks just in case you get seperated.
As for the Autograph book I really like Jenn's idea but I think a 4x6 album might be kind of bulky. I was thinking of one of those little flip spiral notebooks. Then when you get back you can take the pages out of it and put them in an album.

Anonymous said...

When we went they sold autograph books at the shops in each of the parks. As I recall there is one (maybe several) as soon as you walk in the gates of the Magic Kingdom. Amity lost hers after a day or two and then she had to start all over again!

Julie

Anonymous said...

All of those pictures are awesome. If you change your mind about wanting a nanny while you're down there all you have to do is ask ;), you wouldn't even have to twist my arm that hard. Lol. I know you all will have a great time!
Lauren

Amee Jones said...

YAY! I am so excited for you. I think that is my dream for many years down the road. I want to take my princesses to see the ultimate princess, at the greatest place on Earth! I better start saving now ;)

Pamela Lin Thompson said...

Andrea, Don and I went without kids and we were lucky to do 2 parks in 3 days. There is so much to see. The standing in line for the characters will take alot of time and depending on the weather, some aren't available as it's so hot. You can purchase the books there for signatures or just make your own before the trip with a small journal book. The one backpack that mom and dad can carry is my idea, Don't expect the kids to keep track of things. they will be overwhelmed with looking. Get you a book of what to do and see in Disney and where to eat. Expect to stand in line so think of ways to keep everyone busy.. Trip of a life time, forsure.. Cocoa beach is a bit of a drive from Disney and there is so much to see there with the ocean, birds and sand... Do NASA while you are so close the kids will enjoy that as well and mom and dad.