Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dance Recital

Emma had her first dance recital on Friday. Aunt Lorn Lorn took her home early from school so she could get a nap in. Then she got her up and did her makeup. I rushed home and did her hair and off we went. We got there pretty early and I saved a whole row of seats. I was feeling pretty guilty about saving that many, but sure enough we needed them and more. Above is a picture of Emma with John and Judy. It's the only pic I have of her upclose...not sure why I didn't ask Mike and Jenn to take more. Duh!
This is her first and favorite routine. It's the beginner tumbling class.

Cartwheel.
You can see her grin!
Ending pose.
2nd dance....ballerinas.
Doesn't get much sweeter than this!



Last number is tap.
Not her favorite.
She did a lot of just standing.
Thank you to all who came. I have a very loved and special girl. Thanks for giving up your Friday night for her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how I have been waiting for this post! It looks like she did a great job! She is a gorgeous girl, I love the balerina pictures! almost made me teary eyed!
Mandie

Corin said...

She did great! My favorite was the ballerina number, but who could resist a little girl in a tutu.

Bree Shaw said...

she did great! so glad I was able to witness it. i love the ballerina pictures. you will have to have her make jared sit down and watch the dvd with her:)

Shonya said...

Thanks for posting pics!! :)