Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day and Flowers!

First, Let's all stop and admire my grass:) A little spotty, but it's getting there. If it's muddy, you still have to be pretty careful where you step.
After church on Sunday, we walked down to the pond to see if we could get close to the goslings down there, but no such luck.
But we got a couple of good pictures!
Vance got me a new hummingbird feeder. It looks like it's made out of an old coke bottle. I love it!
He also got me lots of bags of mulch! May not be exciting to you, but I am very happy to spread that mulch!
I hung my sheets out on the line and have slept good all week. Coincidence? I think not! This is also Duke's new favorite place to lay. He layed there so long on Sunday that he smelled like clean laundry!
Tuesday night, Emma and I planted flowers. The evening started with a naughty puppy in time out:(. He wouldn't stay away from the horses. When Emma tied him up, she said, "Well, this is life...get use to it!" Oh dear...
Here are Colby and Vance headed to ride. Colby is using his new saddle and Vance is riding my horse Hank.
Check out that shiny good lookin' saddle!
Here are some picture of our flower planting.
And Pose! She's a goof. Her hummingbird feeder got filled up, I just took the picture before.
Pretty geraniums.
Some kind of droopy flower.
petunias
and more

I love this boot! Thanks Annette!
I can't wait to plant more:)

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

your flowers look fantastic!!! so glad that your grass is finally coming in. i think it is funny that duke smelled like clean laundry and what emma told him... hilarious! she is a spitting image of you:)

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that I stole that boot planter? Does that fact make any difference on how you feel about it? I don't think you'll get busted for it. I got it back in 1977ish. (yes, I'm that old!)
Annette

Corin said...

You have to stop packing so much into each post, complicates my comments.
Grass - Yay!!
Love the humming bird feeder.
Duke is growing fast!
Emma's playhouse is so cute. Love the planter boxes.
Love that you have a hot boot planter on your porch. I'll think of that every time I see it.

Shonya said...

"This is life. . .get used to it!"

Love it. I'm SURE she's heard that from you--it just sounds like you. giggle