Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tell Me This Isn't A Good Thing!

Final Awana night!
Awards for everyone. Everyone received a participation award. My kids also received a book award for finishing their book, and an "almost" award for only missing one night of Awana (WDW). They are actually very excited, although Colby doesn't look like it.

Here they are checking out their book awards. It's the green ribbon.
Emma and Miss Lynne:)
Here are some random pictures of the crowd that showed up. How can this be a bad thing? Getting all these people into a church, to worship and see their children involved in God's word. Some of these children will lead their parents to the Lord. To me this is a wonderful thing, a wonderful program, and needs to be supported in all ways.


Here is my pretty flower for being the Cubbie director!
I am already excited for next year, but ready for a break too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of my sisters! They are doing great work for the Lord. :)

Can I kindly veto your new blog background? It makes it hard to read. :(

Love you!

Lauren

Bree Shaw said...

I love watching the kids and how excited they get when accomplishing the verses and in the end, their books! i have watched several parents get led to the Lord through their kids that have been coming to Awana! That in itself is so exciting:) Great job this year Cubbie Director!!

Corin said...

How is it that all boys just instinctualy know when they have reached the age where it's no longer cool to smile in pictures? Does some sort of internal timer go off or what?

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

yes--great work for the Lord...our job, isn't it, to spread his love and message...and so many fantastic results and baptisms this year! I meant to have students who were baptized or families who were as a result of Awana come forward last night and forgot...boo!
You did a great job this year...but most definitely break time!

Diane Melvin said...

I wish I could have gone. I can't wait until next year when Lydia can attend the program.